Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Folding Teams Part Swap Thread!

Anyone have HD's? Cause that will allow me to add a rig or two ...

any size..

thanks,

Massa

Blog Entries
    I've got a Linksys 4 port BEFSR41 that I'd be willing to trade for either a good hard drive (5 gig or better), or a mobo that will support an AMD XP 1800..
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

disabled account
    I believe that I have a 1 and a 2 GB HD lying about.
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Folding Thunder
    ok, this is what i have avaliable:

P2-266Mhz slot 1- bare wires
    K6 2-333 or 350Mhz with hsf
    350w Raidmax Psu- Will have this available once the replacement gets here
    Several small heatsinks. Great for hacking up if you wanna mod the mosfets.
    Black floppy drive

Just pay shipping for whatever you want.
    Last edited by LT-73; 09-21-03 at 09:14 AM.

parts for folding..

i have a stick of 64mb pc 100 ram for someone with an older setup, and a seimens 4 port switch with printer port, and some ethernet cable cat 6 or 5e/both.
    “"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee

*DELETED*

Ordered mobo.
    Last edited by ghost; 10-11-03 at 11:45 PM.

Broke
    I'm looking for a HD for a Toshiba Laptop, its a 550 so it should fold.
    4 gig or so.
    Or I may consider a trading laptop for ???

Lappy is a Toshiba 2230C
    550 Cel
    32 megs Ram
    no HD or Keyboard
    Battery and charger
    Dlink PC network card...new

Runs cause I checked it with Dam small linux bootable CD and external Keyboard.
    Thats all I know about it cause thats the way I aquired it.

Canada

*UPDATE*

I need to upgrade my K6-II rig. Just WAY too slow to fold @400MHz.

Does anyone have a processor or mobo (ATX) of ANY kind greater than the above?

I also have a SCSI JAZ drive still available, w/ Buslogic PCI SCSI card (onboard BIOS). Might have a couple of the disks if I can dig them up, used of course.

Anyone want to deal?
    Last edited by ghost; 10-11-03 at 11:51 PM.

Massa... did you see Nepenthe has a couple of small HDs ?

disabled account
    MM,

Perhaps he is looking for something a little larger.

shant,
    david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Originally posted by nepenthe
    MM,

Perhaps he is looking for something a little larger.

shant,
    david
    Well, he did say "any size" and this is a forum for exchanging parts to install an 8.85MB program.

I just thought I would point out a possible match that you two may have missed.

disabled account
    Originally posted by mountainman
    Well, he did say "any size" and this is a forum for exchanging parts to install an 8.85MB program.

I just thought I would point out a possible match that you two may have missed.
    I did not miss it. Since he had not contacted me, I assumed he was not interested. At this point the 2GB is gone.

Looking for ATX connectors from power supplies that have gone bad.

If you would like to send them to me I would greatly appreciate it. Please cut the wires to the connector as close to the power supply as possible.

I am using them and a ATX 10" extension to run 2 mother boards from 1 power supply by making a y out of them. Hoping to cut down on the heat generated as well as cutting power useage.

Tks
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

somebody got an optical drive? the cd-rom in mine is good for garbage, making my os reinstalls painfully long.

also looking for a slot-1 chip faster than 350MHz. at this speed i can't fold fast enough to make it count, and it's also on 24/7 most of the time now.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 12-29-03 at 08:03 PM.
    DESKTOP: P4 1.8A, 512MB, 80GB WD-JB, 64MB GF2 MX, JLMS DVD-ROM, Samsung 48x24x48x, TV2000XP Deluxe, SB128, 2000 Pro

SERVER: P3 450, 384MB, 40GB & 7.2GB IDE (Promise Ultra66), 4.5GB SCSI (Diamond FirePort), ATI Rage IIC 8MB, SMC 1211TX, 2000 Server

Inspiron 8500: P4 2.2-M, 512MB, 40GB Hitachi, 64MB GF4 4200 Go, DVD/CD-RW, M-Audio Sonica Theatre, SXGA+ 15.4" TFT, 120GB WD-BB, Pioneer A05, XP Pro

Site of Stuff:
    http://mysiteofstuff.no-ip.ca

I have 4 SCSI (older) drives that I will be willing to contribute to a folder. I also have a controller card or two I believe. Perhaps some HS and even a couple of 386 complete rigs. I also have a buttload of SIMMs........

-lance
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

I have some extra parts if there is a folder in need let me know .. mainly cards and such but, I will contribute what I can to the cause ...

-lance
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

lance, do you still have those scsi drives? how large and what scsi version are they? i've got a sidelined system with a scsi card but no scsi drives to boot up with. it also has just 32MB 72-pin memory...was gonna try and run 2000 pro on it and use it as a 3rd system too. msg me if you can if you got drives and memory.
    thanks,
    jeremy
    DESKTOP: P4 1.8A, 512MB, 80GB WD-JB, 64MB GF2 MX, JLMS DVD-ROM, Samsung 48x24x48x, TV2000XP Deluxe, SB128, 2000 Pro

SERVER: P3 450, 384MB, 40GB & 7.2GB IDE (Promise Ultra66), 4.5GB SCSI (Diamond FirePort), ATI Rage IIC 8MB, SMC 1211TX, 2000 Server

Inspiron 8500: P4 2.2-M, 512MB, 40GB Hitachi, 64MB GF4 4200 Go, DVD/CD-RW, M-Audio Sonica Theatre, SXGA+ 15.4" TFT, 120GB WD-BB, Pioneer A05, XP Pro

Site of Stuff:
    http://mysiteofstuff.no-ip.ca

Put it in the fireplace="Heatsink"?...

my stuff burns out...buy another of the same to check the Mfgn? prob?

its in the heatsink and goes on...case study result rook 3 3 queen 7

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Haggis
    Put it in the fireplace="Heatsink"?...

my stuff burns out...buy another of the same to check the Mfgn? prob?

its in the heatsink and goes on...case study result rook 3 3 queen 7
    Drinking again?

ok.possible trade?

Hi,I have 4 boxes running 24/7 now,and two of them are PII 233's and I have 96mb ram in one and 64mb ram in the other and I'm running WIN2k pro on them,I don't do anything else on these 2 at all, they run ok ,but a little slow,
    so,I need some pc66 or pc100 memory,I would like to have atleast 128mb in each.
    does anybody have some? and if so,what do you need? trade?