Thread: download GTA for free.... looks to be legit.

download GTA for free.... looks to be legit.

http://www.dailyrush.dk/files/demos/116/download/

from what i understand (which somes from another board/forum), this is a legit download. of course, we're not talking a brand-spankin' new game title here, but what the heck. free is free. it's about 350MB, and i am d/l'ing it now. if it turns out to be something else other than GTA i will post back.

and BTW, the site looks to be danish, so i can't read the site. if for ANY reason this turns out to be a "warez" download or that this is illicit in any way please say so or report it to a moderator so the URL/thread can be deleted.

enjoy!
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Nope, its legit. Rockstar North had posted it a few months ago, and it was their way of giving thanks for the community. I haven't downloaded it (I still have my original GTA cd, along with the expansion pack), but I understand that at least this version runs a little slow under windows. Can't confirm though...

Now if only more developers and publishers would actually recognize that people still want to play these old games....and at least OFFER them, free or otherwise... You'd think that they'd notice how big the Abandonware scene is, and instead of ignoring it or sending out lawsuits, they'd actually do someting constructive about it...

i'd have to agree with you on the abandonware note, BJS.

BTW, it does run kinda slow under Windows. still playable, though .
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Downloading as I type......... Will report back.

Couldn't get it to work right...so I just deleted it. Oh well, thanks for letting us know about it Faust!

-Illini25
    Last edited by Illini25; 04-21-03 at 09:34 PM.