Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what am I doing wrong

Heh heh heh,,, I'll take a heiniken UOD...

No sparks here Momiam... I'd rather have UOD on the case with us.. He knows his stuff,, I just got lucky..( can I get that in a frosted mug?)

Did you try the system resource tool?

Virus or no,, you still have a problem to be figured out. If it is not a program running(hogging) than maybe a corrupt system file?? After you did the complete system restore,, was this problem evident then? If not,, when did you first notice?? After the updates?
    TOO MUCH GIDDYYUP,,, NOT ENOUGH WHOA!!!

Trav

Ok,
    don't know why but I went ahead and scanned again before putting in another firewall...so I had not made any changes....and AVG comes up clean and housecall finds JS NOCLOSE.E
    It reports it is not cleanable

So it seems someone here was right
    Sorry
    Louise

Originally posted by momiam2six
    Ok,
    don't know why but I went ahead and scanned again before putting in another firewall...so I had not made any changes....and AVG comes up clean and housecall finds JS NOCLOSE.E
    It reports it is not cleanable

So it seems someone here was right
    Sorry
    Louise
    Here is the fix and be sure to follow the instructions closely for the WinME fix....

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...e=JS_NOCLOSE.E

Please let us know how it goes. This isn't really that bad of a virus but it is why you are being slowed down.....

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

OOOPPSS!!! Want that in a frosted mug UOD???

I don't think that is your problem.. That jsnoclose is just in your ie tempfiles i believe..
    TOO MUCH GIDDYYUP,,, NOT ENOUGH WHOA!!!

Trav

Originally posted by Travlin_Man
    OOOPPSS!!! Want that in a frosted mug UOD???

I don't think that is your problem.. That jsnoclose is just in your ie tempfiles i believe..
    If it's opening up multiple hidden instances of IE it would slow ya down quite a bit.

I think it's time to break out the cleaner or tauscan and use the trials.....seems to me that infections are running the show here.

Mom...did you ever clean the virus from the other day that you had?

my computer claims that those files from the other day no longer exist.
    I guess because I shut off system restore.
    I just turned it back on and it does not have those exact file names anymore, and scans clean.
    I followed the instructions for this other one and both scans come back clean.

Originally posted by momiam2six
    my computer claims that those files from the other day no longer exist.
    I guess because I shut off system restore.
    I just turned it back on and it does not have those exact file names anymore, and scans clean.
    I followed the instructions for this other one and both scans come back clean.
    My suggestion is to go back to the security forum and make sure that you are clean....to provide you with a software fix for your problems without truly knowing if you are infected or not is unfair to everyone.

One minute your scan turns up a virus...the next it says you are clean. The point I'm trying to make here is that if a scan shows a virus is present...it needs to be cleaned. Turning on or off system restore may be just hiding it's prescence.....bottom line...ensure you are virus and trojan free first...then we can talk about problems that you may have with software.

Good luck Mom.

Thanks UOD I will do that. You guys on here are great!
    Louise