Thread: I finally gave in...

Red face I finally gave in...

After nearly one year of going to karaokee nights at my favorite bar, I was finally talked into getting up to sing. My friends told me I was going to get up and sing. They gave me the karaokee bible. I already had a song or two in mind. I decided on Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping".

No way in hell I was gonna get up by myself. If you know the song it needs a few people to sing it. I told them if I was going to get up and sing it, they would have to come up with me. So I had 4 people plus me singing it I think we sucked But, it wasn't so bad. I don't think the mic volume was up because my buddy said he didn't really hear us plus I couldn't even hear myself. Oh well At least I got up and tried

Folding Thunder
    Hey, good for you mike! I tried karaoke once too. Never made it to the stage cuz i tripped over some dumb lady who had this gigantic handbag halfway over the back part of her chair. I was pretty drunk at the time and since i was kinda swaying trying to keep my balance, I somehow got my foot entangled in the bag's strap. Well, you can imagine what happend next

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    I went to a karoke bar too once... I sang the worst song u could ever find... itsy bitsy yellow polka dot bikini... lots of abba and carpenters..

everyone laffed and I laffed too.. alcohol makes u happy.. hehe..

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Originally posted by John
    strange how a depressent can do that
    I don't drink!

It was atually kind of fun. I mean, I could hear myself sing but, it wasn't loud enought to go through the speakers. Anywho, I might try it again. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not ready to go up by myself yet though.

Luckily I've never had to get up and sing but I have to admit those bars are pretty fun.

ive done it did a bob dylan blah blah blah song . was fun

just change the words eh.. its better eh

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .