Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UOD please reply

UOD please reply

HI

Just wondering, did you make the second video in the same way you made your first one? (the one you linked to here)

I don't have an apropriate decommpressor installed for the second one, but the first one ran great.

I did install the Nimo codec pack recently, that may be the problem. I have also heard I need MP 9 to see your video. Is this true?

If I can avoid MP 9 I'd like to, but if I have to use it, I'll put it on a test system.

Thanks for your attention, and reply.

I believe its WM9, and I THINK there's a away of downloading that codec from MS without actually downloading WM9. Good luck finding it.

Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE
    I believe its WM9, and I THINK there's a away of downloading that codec from MS without actually downloading WM9. Good luck finding it.
    I already did that with no luck for the first vid.
    ex-WoW-addict

Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE
    I found the codec package earlier from MS, but still no go.

Why would his first video work, and not the second one? I used MP 6.4 before (still do) no problem at all.

Originally posted by SeedOfChaos
    I already did that with no luck for the first vid.
    You already did what, download WM9?

On my side, I had a problem playing it at first, but I believe that's only because my codecs are all screwy. It won't let my play any HD-WM9 material, my MP3 codecs are gone (only Lame remains), and occasionally it won't play regular WM7/8/9 material the first time around. I opened UOD's video, got sound, but no picture. Closed it and tried again, and it worked.

I guess UOD or myself should be asking you people A) what your preferences are (as far as WM, DivX, etc.), and B) ANY problems you run into on these.

Its only the first episode, so UOD will have plenty of time to troubleshoot before I make my grand appearance.

Originally posted by Norm
    I found the codec package earlier from MS, but still no go.

Why would his first video work, and not the second one? I used MP 6.4 before (still do) no problem at all.
    My GUESS was that he encoded in WM8 last time, and WM9 here. I'll check in a second, and if the stupid clip doesn't feel like giving me the answers, you'll have to wait for UOD.

I used a higher bitrate and a different screen resolution which is 720x480 in the 2nd video which may be unsupported in WM6.4.

Have you tried playing all 3 videos so far?

Let me know which ones work in your WM6.4 version.

In any case, I'm uploading a Real Media video now so if you just want to wait for a bit you can try that instead.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Originally posted by UOD
    I used a higher bitrate and a different screen resolution which is 720x480 in the 2nd video which may be unsupported in WM6.4.

Have you tried playing all 3 videos so far?

Let me know which ones work in your WM6.4 version.

In any case, I'm uploading a Real Media video now so if you just want to wait for a bit you can try that instead.

I got the IT distribution package for the MP 9 codecs. Doesn't work. ALso have Nimo package.

UOD the one you posted last week worked, and it was awesome, on 6.4. None of the ones posted last night work, other than sound.

Real Media can kiss my ...

Sounds like I'm going to have to install MP 9 on a test system.

I gotta see that video

btw I do get sound.

Originally posted by UOD
    Thanks a lot!!!

Any chance of future episodes being in DivX or some other non propriatory codec?
    ex-WoW-addict

Originally posted by UOD
    You did? I thought when I had checked, media player had told me it was 640x480.

EDIT: Yeah, that's what its telling me.

OK...the real media version is up. Check on the thread for details.

BJS....it might have....I was very tired last night and I did about 10 different renditions...might have uploaded the wrong one by accident. That, and I was feeding others the different versions as well on ICQ and FTP.

*ROFL* well... my rp 8 won't play that file either... just tell me which player you encoded the file for...

Thanks for taking the time to encode AGAIN.
    ex-WoW-addict

Any chance this will be ported to something that mplayer for Linux can play?

The first video was nigh impossible ((Talk about screwy flags)), the second one won't. Any help?

Thank'ee..

So far I count two votes for DivX...

Originally posted by SeedOfChaos
    *ROFL* well... my rp 8 won't play that file either... just tell me which player you encoded the file for...

Thanks for taking the time to encode AGAIN.
    I used the new Helix encoder for Realone Player.

I had to go out on a couple of calls.

I installed MP 9 on my 2k install, now I can watch your movies UOD

Good stuff man, keep them coming.

btw - I kind of liked the one you made last week, the way you had picture in picture on your Laptop. Nice!!

I had to go out on a couple of calls.

I installed MP 9 on my 2k install, now I can watch your movies UOD

Good stuff man, keep them coming.

btw - I kind of liked the one you made last week, the way you had picture in picture on your Laptop. Nice!!
    heh...wait till next week.

Originally posted by UOD
    heh...wait till next week.
    I can't wait.

Bummer too, cause I am having trouble sleeping lately. Now the anxiety of suspence will only worsen the problem lol

I can't wait.

Bummer too, cause I am having trouble sleeping lately. Now the anxiety of suspence will only worsen the problem lol
    One of my main focus points will be user created content. I'd like to do a brief synopsis of XP Tools Of course we don't have to provide a link....we can use it to force people to come to the forums and make friends with you in hopes that you will loan out a copy lol.

Let me know.

MPEG baby-
    we all got's da broadband!!!!!!!

I run into this alot as I make videos and send them to various friends and family members with and without broadband.
    Sending a straight up MPEG file has solved all the problems, now everyone can watch..win 95 win 98 wnXP OSX etc....
    i think even Linux will play reg. MPG files, right Paft?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.