Thread: Yes, let's spend our tax dollars on this!

Yes, let's spend our tax dollars on this!

"Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

just make the damn rating system mandatory to be followed

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    no let's spend it on education and healthcare!

hehehe... I know eh... next up.. video games..

The we know what's best for you nannies are at it again.

I suppose they see Greece as a gaming role model?

How many people have we seen blown up/shot/burnt to death on CNN in the last few weeks, and they want to limit VIRTUAL VIOLENCE? How bout we tackle real world violence first, then go after the make believe stuff.
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

[quote/schlurpee]How many people have we seen blown up/shot/burnt to death on CNN in the last few weeks, and they want to limit VIRTUAL VIOLENCE? How bout we tackle real world violence first, then go after the make believe stuff.[quote]

Right on.

I say put a rating on it and leave it up to the parents... that said I see no problem doing a study if its done objectively with balance....thank you thank you I'll be here all week
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

yet another way to take games off the market that were designed for the mature people who can distinguish reality from make believe.

hell I think if a guy wants to play a game where he shoots people and steal cars, its better that it actually IS a game than him trying it in real life.

this is just another way to take actual parenting off of the parents and push the responsibility on the rest of society...

you dont want your kid playin the game, tell them NO, dont mess it up for the rest of the mature kids/adults

(not that a rating system would hurt adults...but you see my point...pretty soon they will be taking them off the market altogether)
    AMD Athlon 1900+ XP | ASUS A7V266E mobo |Visiontek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti500 | 40gb HD 7200 | 16X DVD | 256mb DDR | SBlaster Audigy XGamer | Windows 2000 | Cooler Master ATC-210 Azure
    Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    this dude needs some pimpish SG title lol

Originally posted by XSeaNX
    yet another way to take games off the market that were designed for the mature people who can distinguish reality from make believe.

hell I think if a guy wants to play a game where he shoots people and steal cars, its better that it actually IS a game than him trying it in real life.

this is just another way to take actual parenting off of the parents and push the responsibility on the rest of society...

you dont want your kid playin the game, tell them NO, dont mess it up for the rest of the mature kids/adults

(not that a rating system would hurt adults...but you see my point...pretty soon they will be taking them off the market altogether)
    or at least discouraging developers to make games that would be extremely fun and entertaining for some people, etc....
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Originally posted by lord_yuri
    [quote/schlurpee]How many people have we seen blown up/shot/burnt to death on CNN in the last few weeks, and they want to limit VIRTUAL VIOLENCE? How bout we tackle real world violence first, then go after the make believe stuff.[quote]

Right on.
    Use the real quote lol
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Let me count everyone in this thread who's complained about Lieberman. Okay....check. Now let me count everyone who has written THEIR senator about this. Huh....nobody? Figures.

Man, if they try and take my violent vids...I might fire up my real rail gun and toast em all.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Truth is they secretly like'em cause they're great for war training.

Politicians are just as bad/worse than the media. When the big story dies out, they have to resort to some other means to get themselves attention. Now look at the media with the Iraq war. Now that the war is dying down, they have to find every little dirty thing, or try to invent something, about the American Military. This type of grandstanding is disgusting.

Remember to vote!!!!!!!!!!
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens