Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: P4 question...

  1. #1
    SG Elite
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,517

    Question P4 question...

    I've read several threads both on here and mostly at HardOCP that tout the greatness of the C1 stepping for P4s. What's the big deal with this stepping? I'm pretty sure every P4 I've owned in the past several months have been C1 stepping, but the praise it receives would indicate they're rare. I'm a bit confused.

  2. #2
    SG Enthusiast Jstyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    2,822
    /bump for another inquiring mind.
    spec-
    Rig #1- AMD XP 2400+, A-Bit KR7A/266, Gainward Geforce3 ti200 64mb Golden Sample, 1GB Crucial DDR, 40 gig WD HDD (7200), XP PRO, Vantec Stealth 420 PSU, Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Rig #2- P4 2.4c, Abit IC7 800 FSB /w onboard sound, Radeon 9700 Pro 128, 1 Gig Corsair 3200 XMS, Dual (SATA) 36GB WD Raptor's in RAID 0, XP Pro, Antec Truepower 400
    Rig #3-AMD Barton 2500+, Albatron KX600 (via), 1 gig Corsair 3200, Radeon 9600 Pro 128, Seagate 80 gig HD, Antec Truepower 400

  3. #3
    SG Elite Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    42,161

    Re: P4 question...

    Originally posted by Burke
    I've read several threads both on here and mostly at HardOCP that tout the greatness of the C1 stepping for P4s. What's the big deal with this stepping? I'm pretty sure every P4 I've owned in the past several months have been C1 stepping, but the praise it receives would indicate they're rare. I'm a bit confused.
    Well, why don't you ask this question there: http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5 in the strictly intel forum, i'm sure they will know...
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

  4. #4
    SG Elite
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,517

    Re: Re: P4 question...

    Originally posted by Brent
    Well, why don't you ask this question there: http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5 in the strictly intel forum, i'm sure they will know...
    What, you didn't ask FOR me? Gyp!

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    SG Elite
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,517
    Ok, I found this almost right away:

    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=596859

    Maybe that'll help, Burke.

    Yeah, a little.

    Great. Thanks, man.

    You're welcome, dude.

  6. #6
    Morterator Immortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Posts
    22,674
    Originally posted by Burke
    Ok, I found this almost right away:

    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=596859

    Maybe that'll help, Burke.

    Yeah, a little.

    Great. Thanks, man.

    You're welcome, dude.
    from that intelligent repsonses from that hardforum thread.. I conclude that c1 is great for overclocking.... is that it?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •