Thread: Another one of those ruthless Americans.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Another one of those ruthless Americans.

Hi to All

I saw this in the Sun Newspaper today...Thought it worth posting
    =================================================

On that note I received an e-mail written by an anonymous Australian dentist that I thought said it all.

What is an American? The dentist wrote: "An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani, or Afghan. An American may also be a Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses. An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American is from the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God-given right of each person the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need.

Americans welcome the best, the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best athletes. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America. Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 learning a better life for their families. I've been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 other countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and every bloodthirsty tyrant in the history of the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself.

Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American."

regards

minir

Registered User therealcableguy's Avatar
    Fantastic! thanx

Very well written. Thanks minir.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by therealcableguy
    Fantastic! thanx
    ---

Hi therealcableguy & UOD

Your most Welcome Fellas. Imho we too often forget these things in Our rush to judgment.

My own Governments lack of support is an Embarrassment to the vast majority of the Canadian populace. In plain English Their views are Not Ours.

We as a people can only hope that an understanding of this can be made & Our past actions speak to the truth of Our feelings toward the American people.

Your Service Men & Women as well as those of the Coalition (there are Canadians amongst them also) are in Our thoughts & Prayers.

regards

minir

Good one Larry....It says it all....
    I also believe that most Canadians do support the Coalition forces even without the official approval of the Canadian goverment.....Canada has always been a good neighbor, they even ship some great beer our way...

Take care....
    chevy..
    When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by chevyman282
    Good one Larry....It says it all....
    I also believe that most Canadians do support the Coalition forces even without the official approval of the Canadian goverment.....Canada has always been a good neighbor, they even ship some great beer our way...

Take care....
    chevy..
    ----

Hi chevyman

Thanks chevyman

Not only Beer... What about some of those Playmates Eh!

Have a Good one

regards

minir

Larry- once again, you have shown what a class act you are..... thank you.

I hope you are right about the sentiments of the majority of Canadians. We have been neighbors and friends for so long, it is difficult for some of us in America to swallow what has been coming out of the Canadian gov't lately. We feel betrayed. Let's hope this too shall pass.

Tim
    Observe everything...focus on nothing..

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by twwabw
    Larry- once again, you have shown what a class act you are..... thank you.

I hope you are right about the sentiments of the majority of Canadians. We have been neighbors and friends for so long, it is difficult for some of us in America to swallow what has been coming out of the Canadian gov't lately. We feel betrayed. Let's hope this too shall pass.

Tim
    -----

Hi twwabw

Tim i know i am right in regard to the vast majority of Canadians Not agreeing with Our Prime Minister & his cronies.

He is due to leave office in Feb/04, many wish he would hasten his departure.

His decision will long be remembered & Not in a Kind light here in Canada by the Majority of its Citizens imho.

I think most people understand that the Leaders of a Country many times do things, or make Policy that is not in keeping with the feelings of its Citizens.

We here where most surprised with his decision on this one...however our hands are tied, Our Hearts though are Not.

regards

larry