Thread: Using BatchRun to apply tweaks???

Question Using BatchRun to apply tweaks???

When working on clients computers....I always find myself applying the same tweaks. It takes alot of time. I was wondering if it were possible to safely apply registry tweaks via a batch file. Using BatchRun and I really wanted to experiment with this to see if it is possible.

Any thoughts on this?

TIA

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

You might try using X-Setup and using it's record feature.

Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

Originally posted by mnosteele52
    You might try using X-Setup and using it's record feature.

DOH! Forgot about that feature....CRAP!!!!

I hate when that happens.

How has that worked for you and is it exportable?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

You can do the regestry tweaks as a .reg file. It can be made and edited with Notepad then saved with the .reg extension.

It will be a very small file that can be exportable. Below is an example of a .reg file "domains.reg". It imports domain names into an IE6 Security Zone for XP:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]
    @=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\000freexxx.com]
    "*"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\0190-dialer.com]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\01sexe.com]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\1-2-free.com]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\1000femmes.com]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\1000stars.ru]
    "A never ending quest for knowledge as with knowledge comes wisdom"

Main System running Windows XP Pro: Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz, 1 Gig Ram, 2 80 gig WD 7200 rpm HD's, Radeon 9200 Pro, Envision EN9110 19" LCD Display, HP 9500 CD-RW, D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI Adapter, D-Link DI-704P Router, Motorola SB5100 Cable Modem with Cox HSI

To be honest UOD it's one of those things I keep saying I'm going to use but haven't yet. I'll try it this week and let you know.

Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

SG Enthusiast
    go ahead hehehe
    PS in X-setup IMVHO use (save for future) favorite list
    after new OS instalation use backuped file with favorite list