Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What game has scared the crap outta ya?

What game has scared the crap outta ya?

For me it was playing Resident Evil when I was walking down the hall and the zombie arms shot through the window...scared the S**T outta me...I know I jumped at least a foot.

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    RE... silent hill... counter strike (u know those moments when people sneak behind u and shoot u.. u are scared and angry)

I don't play very many scary games.. cos I'm easily scared...

Aliens vs Predator 2 , the marine campaign was super scary.
    Silent Hill was pretty good too.
    anyone try Silent Hill 2 for PC???

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Originally posted by Blisster
    Aliens vs Predator 2 , the marine campaign was super scary.
    Silent Hill was pretty good too.
    anyone try Silent Hill 2 for PC???
    I actually have it.... u know how I got it....

I've played it for a while then stopped.. it's quite scary.... quite...

Certified SG Addict
    The end part of Phantasmagoria, especially if you make the wrong choice and get torn in half by the demon.

System Shock, probably the 2nd more than the first.

Beyond that, I haven't really played too many games that actually creeped me out. Silent Hill may come close, but that's probably more due to its overt attempts at scaring the gamer than a real atmosphere of terror.

SG Enthusiast
    Not really a scary game, but In the new Indiana Jones game on the X-Box there is a section where you have to swim through crocidile infested waters. The crocs attack very quickly and the first time I got attacked, I about jumped out of my skin. Kinda left me shuddering for a moment.
    Looking for work............

I think I was more creeped out by the fact that I ended up keeping a running bug list for that game, and had filled up more than a page of completely obvious bugs.

I officially consider The Emperor's Tomb to be a late beta that LucasArts should've never sent gold when it did. Fun game (for the most part), but definately unpolished.

Resident Evil when that damn dog jumps out the window. That game was like crack..............

The rest of the R.E's that followed sucked.
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Not so much scared, but one of the most heart pounding, palm sweating parts of a game I can remember....the tentacle beast at the end of a level in Half Life.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Unreal: Return to .....(forget the name)
    I was like 8 at the time. Freaked me out seeing a dude with 6 arms

Originally posted by Burke
    The end part of Phantasmagoria, especially if you make the wrong choice and get torn in half by the demon.

I remembrr that game it was kind of scary at times and a very good game I might add

~'~|D|HawaiianGhost~'~ HawaiianGhost's Avatar
    In a chair, in front of my rig, staring at my avatar... <(0.0)>
    "DONKEY KONG"

Nah, j/k...Although it wasn't a PC game I thought Resident Evil was a little chaotic & saddistic. I remember watching someone play it on a 54"in screen T.V. with the volume kinda' up there and some scenes were a little freaky, especially at night.
    DA' BEAST:
    Win2000Pro/WinXpPro SP2||AMD AXP 2700+ T-Bred 2.2GHz w/Thermalright SLK-800 & Tt Smart FanII||ASUS A7V333/R||1GB PC2700 Corsair VS||Lite-On 52x CD-Rom||Yamaha CRW-F1ZEN 44x24x44 Burner||2xWD800JBSE in RAID-0, 1xWDSE800JB & 1xWDSE1600JB backups||SBAudigy OEMBulk||Enermax EG465AX-VE
    Chaintech GF4 Ti4200 128MB "GT21" w/ViVo SE

--------------------------------------
    Game with the ~RealmOfGhost'z~, [SG], |D|

The alien vs. predator demo that first came out where you are a marine against the aliens and the entire level has blinking lights because of some partial power failure. The aliens were strobing towards you and I trust you guys now that "shake" you get when stuff like this happens. RTCW gave me a few when you turned around and an undead was in your face. Finally, Blood 2 scared me when I picked up a voodoo doll and started hitting it and everyone around me died, thats just a little too satanic for me.

Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE
    System Shock, probably the 2nd more than the first.

Beyond that, I haven't really played too many games that actually creeped me out. Silent Hill may come close, but that's probably more due to its overt attempts at scaring the gamer than a real atmosphere of terror.
    Forgot about systemshock! That is bad ass and that kind of scary is more like a high to me. Play it all the time still!

Clive Barker's Undying comes to mind.

Originally posted by schlurpee
    Clive Barker's Undying comes to mind.
    I thought of that game.. that sure is creepy but I'm not sure it's hop out of seat scaryness...

they do have some good points tho...

When I was little DOOM scared the hell out me.

I was playing gamecube at night, alone at my cousins house. Some game where u kill zombies and weird monsters. This guy was being hanged in the bathroom and it zoomed up on his face with white eyes, I jumped.

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

Heh, I love how Eternal Darkness is willing to screw with the player in ways most games can't even imagine.

Unfortunately, too many people have misstaken some of the insanity effects for actual bugs/problems with the game/system, which usually ends with a controller flying out the window.

oh I just remembered.... WOLFENSTEIN!

when the soldiers walked by and say... HEY I practically jump outta my body... the original one of course.... fun and scary