Thread: Outlook vs. Outlook Express

Outlook vs. Outlook Express

I use Outlook at work and love all the features it has in it but I have 4 pop3 email accounts I use at home. Why doesn't Outlook have the identities like OE does ??

I did some reading on the M$ site and to add multiple identities I have to be on an exchange system. That sucks.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

Use mozilla thunderbird!!
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

Quote Originally Posted by Grimson
    I use Outlook at work and love all the features it has in it but I have 4 pop3 email accounts I use at home. Why doesn't Outlook have the identities like OE does ??

I did some reading on the M$ site and to add multiple identities I have to be on an exchange system. That sucks.
    It does support multiple identities, just go to your Control Panel and click the Mail icon and select "show profiles", you can add as many as you like with POP3 accounts.

:2cool:

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52
    It does support multiple identities, just go to your Control Panel and click the Mail icon and select "show profiles", you can add as many as you like with POP3 accounts.

Just be sure to have all your passwords, pop and smtp information for each account.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52

Awesome, now, is there a way to do the switch identity thing like OE, or do I have to close Outlook and reopen it everytime. Oh and what I was reading on M$.com said to go to control panel > users > mail, I never thought to look just in control panel.

thanks

Patrick - as much as I've had to talk to comcast before I know all the settings so that I never have to talk to them again.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson
    Awesome, now, is there a way to do the switch identity thing like OE, or do I have to close Outlook and reopen it everytime. Oh and what I was reading on M$.com said to go to control panel > users > mail, I never thought to look just in control panel.
    Even easier, if you have the original Outlook icon that the install puts on your desktop (not a shortcut that you dragged out there), just right click it, select properties.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

^^^
    Yep thats the way I have mine

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Even easier, if you have the original Outlook icon that the install puts on your desktop (not a shortcut that you dragged out there), just right click it, select properties.
    Thanks for the tip YOSC.