Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Outlook vs. Outlook Express

  1. #1
    Senior Member Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    9,590

    Outlook vs. Outlook Express

    I use Outlook at work and love all the features it has in it but I have 4 pop3 email accounts I use at home. Why doesn't Outlook have the identities like OE does ??

    I did some reading on the M$ site and to add multiple identities I have to be on an exchange system. That sucks.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

  2. #2
    SG Enthusiast TrevGlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,177
    Use mozilla thunderbird!!
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

  3. #3
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson
    I use Outlook at work and love all the features it has in it but I have 4 pop3 email accounts I use at home. Why doesn't Outlook have the identities like OE does ??

    I did some reading on the M$ site and to add multiple identities I have to be on an exchange system. That sucks.
    It does support multiple identities, just go to your Control Panel and click the Mail icon and select "show profiles", you can add as many as you like with POP3 accounts.

    :2cool:

  4. #4
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52
    It does support multiple identities, just go to your Control Panel and click the Mail icon and select "show profiles", you can add as many as you like with POP3 accounts.

    :2cool:


    Just be sure to have all your passwords, pop and smtp information for each account.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    9,590
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52
    It does support multiple identities, just go to your Control Panel and click the Mail icon and select "show profiles", you can add as many as you like with POP3 accounts.

    :2cool:

    Awesome, now, is there a way to do the switch identity thing like OE, or do I have to close Outlook and reopen it everytime. Oh and what I was reading on M$.com said to go to control panel > users > mail, I never thought to look just in control panel.

    thanks

    Patrick - as much as I've had to talk to comcast before I know all the settings so that I never have to talk to them again.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

  6. #6
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson
    Awesome, now, is there a way to do the switch identity thing like OE, or do I have to close Outlook and reopen it everytime. Oh and what I was reading on M$.com said to go to control panel > users > mail, I never thought to look just in control panel.
    Even easier, if you have the original Outlook icon that the install puts on your desktop (not a shortcut that you dragged out there), just right click it, select properties.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  7. #7
    SG Enthusiast Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,920
    ^^^
    Yep thats the way I have mine

  8. #8
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Even easier, if you have the original Outlook icon that the install puts on your desktop (not a shortcut that you dragged out there), just right click it, select properties.
    Thanks for the tip YOSC.

Similar Threads

  1. Outlook 2002 vs Outlook Express problem
    By Sag2734 in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-04, 05:25 PM
  2. Outlook Express
    By iflog in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-04, 03:02 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-03, 02:06 AM
  4. Sigh. POP3 help please
    By Humboldt in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-02, 04:38 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-01, 08:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •