Thread: Windows XP Start Menu

Windows XP Start Menu

Does anyone know how to customize the start menu for Windows XP I just installed it and I'm confused
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

The easiest way is to drag and drop...to reorganize it...That keeps you from screwing up other user's Start folders.

right click on the start menu itself and go to properties.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

~'~|D|HawaiianGhost~'~ HawaiianGhost's Avatar
    In a chair, in front of my rig, staring at my avatar... <(0.0)>
    Got to My Computer>Drive C:\ (or wherever your XP files are installed)>Documents & Settings.

From there you should see atleast the following folders:

- Administrators
    - All users

If you have specific users other than Admin, i.e. your name, you should see a folder in there as well and any other user profiles. In those profile folders should be a "Start Menu" folder and any start up items that you've loaded.

The "All Users" profile folder holds items for anyone that logs on to the computer, i.e. Accessories and Games. Most times with WinXP you have to be logged in as the Admin or have Admin rights in order to install any software - depending how you've set you your OS.

PM me if you have anymore questions - but I am in noway an IT pro - I just know how to control my rig to the way I like it.
    DA' BEAST:
    Win2000Pro/WinXpPro SP2||AMD AXP 2700+ T-Bred 2.2GHz w/Thermalright SLK-800 & Tt Smart FanII||ASUS A7V333/R||1GB PC2700 Corsair VS||Lite-On 52x CD-Rom||Yamaha CRW-F1ZEN 44x24x44 Burner||2xWD800JBSE in RAID-0, 1xWDSE800JB & 1xWDSE1600JB backups||SBAudigy OEMBulk||Enermax EG465AX-VE
    Chaintech GF4 Ti4200 128MB "GT21" w/ViVo SE

--------------------------------------
    Game with the ~RealmOfGhost'z~, [SG], |D|