Thread: New mobo

New mobo

Howdy,

I was waiting for a mobo with both ide raid and d ddr but the chaintech is the only one for a while it seems.

So here is my plan...

A 450w or 550w PSU( I'd really dig a 550w psu but I cant find a good backup power outlet that handles 550w lines) and a d ddr mobo with a raid card.

For the mobo I was set on the Epox 8rda+ or I'd get a (MSI K7ns or a MSI k7n2g...whats the difference?)

And for the raid card I was thinking a promise...but Im not in the raid card world yet and want suggestions...Id run in raid 0

the computer isn't going to use all that power...not unless ur doin some server setup..so even if u have a 550watt, it won't be pulling all the juice from the psu..don't worry bout it and get a decent apc or a cyber power 1500 model batt backup

...but...I....must...have...more...power...mwha....mwhaha...mwhahahahahaha

alright guys, im going to work...please post your opinions as i just got 250 smackeroo's for my older computer and want to go shopping

dont the nforce boards use dc ddr?

yea, DC ddr400..or 6.4GB/s of invisible bandwidth that no athlon xp will ever see.. lol

cool, does invisible bandwith take up less room?

I've got a 430watt true power and i'm running

p4
    3 hd's (had 4 before i let one go to my server)
    2 burners
    dvd
    8 80mm fans
    etc...

never a problem with juice here. you're wasting your money to buy bigger there bucko!

instead, i'd spend the big bucks on the raid card. seek advice on the best for the buck you wanna spend, but be looking for at least 200. otherwise, dont bother with a $100 raid card... same as onboard. everything i've heard and read says it's worth it. more worth it then wasting it on a power supply you really dont need.
    Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

The promise fasttrack tx2000 is only 80 bucks...Ive heard that card is far from crap.

and whats this dc ddr? I am very confused

Folding Thunder
    Shaggy
    DC DDR = Dual Channel DDR Will run 2 memory modules in seperate channels to get better peformance.

You won't get more speed, only better memory peformance. DC DDR has 2 independant mem channels so each module will have it's own.

Also check the classified. RoundEye has 2 raid cards up for grabs. Pretty cheap price i might add

I was thinking it improved memory performance...Thought you meant it made the memory faster. I am very good at confusing myself.

Im gonna get a the tx2000 from newegg
    but which mobo in your opinion?

The msi is very pretty and the epox boards are always ugly as hell so if its a toss up im getting the msi especially since ive never owned one before i love to try new boards if they have a good reputation

Folding Thunder
    Shaggy, why are you gonna spend 80+ dollars @ newegg for the TX2000 when RoundEye has the same exact card for less?? If it was'nt cuz i'm a poor, welfare collectin mofo, i would jump on that deal.

As for mobos, depending on what you want to do. I've read that the FIC AU-11 is the same exact board as the Epox 8RDA.

MSI is ok so is GigaByte.

Me, personally,i stick to what works for me and so far Epox has never let me down.