Thread: My new toy! :D

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!

Talking My new toy! :D

Just got my new toy up and running.

My Server/Gaming rig...running 238 gigs in all. Two 60GB WD's in Raid 0. Seperate 100, and 18GB HD's (All Western Digital of course ) . 1 GB of Corsair XMS PC-3200. AMD XP 1900+ w/Alpha 8045U Heatsink and Sunon 80MM Fan. Sound Blaster Live! Value card.

Epox 8K5A2+ MB w/ usb 2.0 (see the motherboard HERE )

Geforce 3 Ti200, (soon to be Radeon 8500DDR) when I can get my hands on the R350 when it comes out, and pull the 8500 out of my main gaming rig, and switch it to the server/gaming rig.

Amro put everything together for me today at work while we were there together. He did a great job with the cabling, and what not. I took some pics with my digicam, and will post them later for all to see. Thanks a lot for the help bro!

Now I got both computers running awesome. Finally my dream setup is complete..im a happy man

Folding Thunder

Thumbs up

W00t! Congrats bro!!

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!
    LT thanks bro!! ur the man.

any time bud. hey dino, how're ya man, sorry i haven't called lately..rediculous amount of crap to do. :\

~'~|D|HawaiianGhost~'~ HawaiianGhost's Avatar
    In a chair, in front of my rig, staring at my avatar... <(0.0)>
    Congrats Docsta,

Is that HighPoint "on-board" RAID chip better than than the Promise on-board RAID??

I'm planning out a server rig in the future but want to try to shy away from a PCI controller RAID card and stick with on-board. But if everyone agrees that a PCI Card design is better, then I guess I'll go with that... I have never used a HighPoint chip before and this is my first dealing with Promise which seems decent.
    DA' BEAST:
    Win2000Pro/WinXpPro SP2||AMD AXP 2700+ T-Bred 2.2GHz w/Thermalright SLK-800 & Tt Smart FanII||ASUS A7V333/R||1GB PC2700 Corsair VS||Lite-On 52x CD-Rom||Yamaha CRW-F1ZEN 44x24x44 Burner||2xWD800JBSE in RAID-0, 1xWDSE800JB & 1xWDSE1600JB backups||SBAudigy OEMBulk||Enermax EG465AX-VE
    Chaintech GF4 Ti4200 128MB "GT21" w/ViVo SE

--------------------------------------
    Game with the ~RealmOfGhost'z~, [SG], |D|

i like highpoints..shrug. yea better for card cause u can move it to another machine---but i never game a damn about that .. lol i'd take neatness over it anyday...however..u can get some better pci cards...3ware and mid range promise cards..etc...u can add cache to(as u saw roundeye do)

~'~|D|HawaiianGhost~'~ HawaiianGhost's Avatar
    In a chair, in front of my rig, staring at my avatar... <(0.0)>
    Originally posted by Amro
    i like highpoints..shrug. yea better for card cause u can move it to another machine---but i never game a damn about that .. lol i'd take neatness over it anyday...however..u can get some better pci cards...3ware and mid range promise cards..etc...u can add cache to(as u saw roundeye do)
    ADD Cache?? Really...?? Definitely didn't know that, as you can tell I am still "touching-the-surface-of-the-waters" on RAID configs/hardware. I will do more research on advantages/disadvantages on RAID itself and then the different hardware options.
    This on-board Promise is great for ppl like me trying to get into it...games load a lot faster and nicer, not mention my other apps such as sound studios when dealing with multiple wave and mp3 files. Made my first 3 minute looping cut with ease...

Thnx Amro...
    Last edited by HawaiianGhost; 02-01-03 at 12:17 PM.
    DA' BEAST:
    Win2000Pro/WinXpPro SP2||AMD AXP 2700+ T-Bred 2.2GHz w/Thermalright SLK-800 & Tt Smart FanII||ASUS A7V333/R||1GB PC2700 Corsair VS||Lite-On 52x CD-Rom||Yamaha CRW-F1ZEN 44x24x44 Burner||2xWD800JBSE in RAID-0, 1xWDSE800JB & 1xWDSE1600JB backups||SBAudigy OEMBulk||Enermax EG465AX-VE
    Chaintech GF4 Ti4200 128MB "GT21" w/ViVo SE

--------------------------------------
    Game with the ~RealmOfGhost'z~, [SG], |D|

np. yea.. u can add SDram to it (like 128MB pc133 etc)