Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgia residents and then some...

Georgia residents and then some...

Heya,

Since i found out "therealcableguy" lives in augusta with me it got my wheels turning. Who else lives in georgia or close to it and could be interested in a meeting? I was thinking something like the mall of georgia...ive always wanted to go there. Or anywhere else be fun for a meeting?

Uninsured for your health
    Amro lives in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Originally posted by CiscoKid
    Amro lives in Georgia
    that i do, and i work at the mall of ga best buy if u wanna come visit (workin thursday and friday evenings) at the tech bench..u'll see me w/ mah embroidered shirt that says "Amro"

I'm seeing this come together!!! (best buy?...haha, you must be the exception )

So anyone else?

Originally posted by THEshaggy
    I'm seeing this come together!!! (best buy?...haha, you must be the exception )

So anyone else?

roofl -- no kidding...i don't disagree..most of the bby techs are freaking IDIOTS..bby hires lots of ppl who are...well....not so qualified..heheh..come visit man, it'd be kewl to meet u..

Registered User therealcableguy's Avatar
    Count me in!

anyone live near the mall o ga?

how far is the mall o georgia by augusta?

dunno, mall of georgia is in buford..just north of atlanta..if it helps (about 50 mins from the airport)

I do like to shop in best buy but can't resist asking those techy's question I know they don't know the answer too. But i work at kroger in produce and people ask me about veggies and all and i know NOTHING abou them (I like apples, thats about it). BTW...never buy cut fruit in those cylinder plastic cups. Just take my word for it

I do like to shop in best buy but can't resist asking those techy's question I know they don't know the answer too. But i work at kroger in produce and people ask me about veggies and all and i know NOTHING abou them (I like apples, thats about it). BTW...never buy cut fruit in those cylinder plastic cups. Just take my word for it
    LOL tell me why--hey that's kewl--but if they don't know they'll say go ask amro at my store

Ok, get this. I just moved to Georgia recently and turned in a few applications.

So I was in the line to pick up an application. There was the head techy guy there (I guess since had a black shirt on and a funky nae tag that said "manager" on it). So he was talking to some guy about building a computer. So he said "I get all of my parts from tiger direct, they are great" and then he said "you might want a athlon 1700 which runs at 1.4ghz" which would be a 1600, those type of things make me mad. If you don't know what the hell your talking about just say "i dont know" instead of pushing out a bunch of crap. And if some guy goes to best buy to get info on building a computer he should obviously buy a dell. (That made me decide against working there since it would bug me to have a manager over me who should be under me)

BTW...with the fruit we always use the fruit that is too ugly to buy off the stand. And today one of our employees borrowed a knife and flat top from SEAFOOD and didnt clean a damn thing and cut everything right on top of the flat top without gloves and a hat. And employees come by and eat the fruit right out of the cup you are trying to fill. It is extremely unsanitary. I shop at wal mart and im sure its not that much better there anyway.

ICK lol.. @ the fruit

and yea most bby techs are morons..not all tho.. majority of the techs at our store are decent..with the exception of 2.. we won't get into that..docsta can tell u..he works w/ me..he's lance. i'm amro..come visit and have a laugh w/ us, we both work friday night oh yea, he's normal IRL (altho goofy)

tempting...hmm...

jeez man, i don't bite, i'm 19, how old are u? as long as u aren't some 35 year old pedophile, it's np..if you are---don't show cause i'll beat you into a bloody pulp..

nono, im saying its damn tempting to make the 3 hour trip...i just don't know if i can this friday...kinda thinking and typing at the same time.

nono, im saying its damn tempting to make the 3 hour trip...i just don't know if i can this friday...kinda thinking and typing at the same time.
    lol 3 hours.. yeesh that sucks.. understandable :\

Registered User therealcableguy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Amro
    jeez man, i don't bite, i'm 19, how old are u? as long as u aren't some 35 year old pedophile, it's np..if you are---don't show cause i'll beat you into a bloody pulp..
    Now why you want to go and bring age into it?I'm 39 and I want to go.My schedule is a little crazy with work,trying to finish my bachelors and teaching karate.Less not forget the wife,three kids and a dog.My point being that I can't just go at the drop of a hat like I could when I was your age.Gonna need some advance notice.(like two months )THEshaggy and I can meet up anytime.I probably have shopped at his store.You on a cable modem shaggy? Who is your provider?

Originally posted by therealcableguy
    Now why you want to go and bring age into it?I'm 39 and I want to go.My schedule is a little crazy with work,trying to finish my bachelors and teaching karate.Less not forget the wife,three kids and a dog.My point being that I can't just go at the drop of a hat like I could when I was your age.Gonna need some advance notice.(like two months )THEshaggy and I can meet up anytime.I probably have shopped at his store.You on a cable modem shaggy? Who is your provider?
    twas a joke--age had nothing to do w/ it (just what came to mind) sorry bothered ya.

Originally posted by Amro
    LOL tell me why--hey that's kewl--but if they don't know they'll say go ask amro at my store
    i use to be that guy and hated it, everyone would send these ppl to me. trust me, find some weak souls and creat some minions of ur own to entrust parts of ur knowledge to! lol

btw i am not in the georgia area