Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ad Aware's website changed

No problem norm
    The views on "Lavasoft" in the various newsgroups are vindictive and negative.
    They were working on Version 6 so no updates came out for 5.xx, the crowd went for the jugular.
    They released Version 6 (Pro) for the paying customers of the previous 5.x, and the crowd went 'thumbs down'
    The new Version 6 had some initial problems with shutting down Windows, the crowd went into hysterics.
    The wanted to make some money before releasing the "free" version, the crowd frowned on that as bad PR.
    WT?..they are in this to make money and IMHO they have not done anything wrong. I wonder if most of the naysayers have worked in a IT programming environment would they be able to withstand the stress.
    Give me a break.
    I will step off my soap box before the mods 'kick my butt' off SG
    lol...hehehehehe
    BTW...blebs, you will not get away with such behaviour, we WILL get you, eventually
    A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.

I tell you, if I was rich (which I am very far from) I would be supporting a few programmers that have given us some of the best FREE programs around. I'll never complain about the freebies, no matter how good or bad they are.

ZA, Tiny, Sygate, Spybot, Adaware, Kerio, just to mention a few security apps. I say let the complainers try creating any one of these programs on their own, and perfect it, then give it away free.
    Leeches have no right to complain.

I agree with you norm...totally.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by fredra
    I agree with you norm...totally.
    Kewl

Hey, you want to form a tag team and jump Blebs just for the fun of it? lol

Apparently AdAware Free will be available on 5 Feb.
    Here's hoping.

Sounds like you lot are having a good time picking on one another.

Croc.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

Originally posted by Croc
    Apparently AdAware Free will be available on 5 Feb.
    Here's hoping.

Sounds like you lot are having a good time picking on one another.

Croc.
    Hey, 3 of us could pile on him lol

Originally posted by Norm
    I tell you, if I was rich (which I am very far from) I would be supporting a few programmers that have given us some of the best FREE programs around. I'll never complain about the freebies, no matter how good or bad they are.

ZA, Tiny, Sygate, Spybot, Adaware, Kerio, just to mention a few security apps. I say let the complainers try creating any one of these programs on their own, and perfect it, then give it away free.
    Leeches have no right to complain.
    I agree.

Hey, 3 of us could pile on him lol
    The three amigo's.

Please refer to this thread here
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks !!

Now, lets rock !!

I'll put it on my main. I have backups if needed, and I've been thinking of a fresh install anyway.

I have this strange internet access happening since an update or an app was installed and can't pin point what is doing it. It accesses the internet before the desktop appears during boot, and I have tried many firewalls to try an nab the culprit with no luck. Has been driving me buggy for weeks.
    Nothing in startup, and nothing in any run/service keys either. I've tried everything I can think of. It makes me believe it's part of Explorer. When I cntrl/alt/del as it happens, only systray and explorer are running.

I really wanted to pin it down, rather than just clean it out. I am intersted in knowing exactly what's doing it.
    Norm mine is doing some of about the same thing as what you discribed. For some reason for abour two weeks now it dials itself up at boot up. I can't seem to find out how to stop it from doing this on its own. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Originally posted by saved
    Norm mine is doing some of about the same thing as what you discribed. For some reason for abour two weeks now it dials itself up at boot up. I can't seem to find out how to stop it from doing this on its own. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    In your case it may be an autoupdater for one of your apps trying to get online.

In my case (and possibly yours) I have a suspicious feeling that the new MS update program or one of the updates itself has changed a file on my pc to call out when windows starts. I was on a clients PC yesterday and updated McAffee to version 7 and it has a built in firewall. After rebooting, it caught windows explorer trying to get out. Just as desktop was loading.