Thread: Monitors!

exesion

Post Monitors!

I now stand, 120 dollars in hand. I need a 17" monitor, and am looking for the best price. Refurbs are nice since they're cheaper but is the quality still..decent? I know I'm short of cash to get anything but I plan to have another 100 coming in - in a few weeks. Just because I'll have 220 doesn't mean I want to like..buy the best that I can get with that ammount so, basically I'm after opinions on refurbs and good prices

Thanks.

------------------

boom. shakes head.

crazyman

Cool

well,you should wait,because cheap monitors are just that,they don't last,I just got a Viewsonic 17" for 199.00 new,I like that one for the 3 year warr and monitors is all they make.

RoundEye

Cool

Is there a Circuit City near you? I got a Proview 19" for $150 after rebate. Just keep an eye out for a sale. Ordering one on the internet may be cheaper, but usually the shipping cost is high due to the weight and size of the box.

exesion

HOLY POO 150?! What's the reso on that (#*(#*(*? Yeah, there's a CC near me, almost went to it tonight. DOH!

RoundEye

Cool

It's the PRO-910 (986M), with a max res of 1600 x 1200. I usually run it 800 x 600@100Hz. I've bought four of these monitors and not had a problem yet. There are other monitors out there with better specs, but at this price it can't be beat.

------------------
    It's never too fast!

blebs99

I'm a viewsonic fan myself! Wait till you can afford it and check'em out.

Sony Trinitron all the way!
    But I think the 17" is a little more than $120
    Personally, I would save up, and get a kick ass 19" Trinitron