Thread: What is the best set-up for a Burner

Question What is the best set-up for a Burner

I am getting a New Lite-on Burner - Schould I just install the Lite-on - Or go with a Cdrom and the burner ???? I will be Useing Nero as Software !!!

TIA

Duzmor

Duz !!
    (The Protection of all with the Wadget Eye)
    (Never Trust Intel To Do AMD'S Job)

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    I personally have a DVD and the Burner ... that way I can use the DVD to run the CDs that I wanna burn and I am also able to watch a movie if I want.

I have a Lite-On DVD and Burner ...
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Originally posted by mwkirchner
    I personally have a DVD and the Burner ... that way I can use the DVD to run the CDs that I wanna burn and I am also able to watch a movie if I want.

I have a Lite-On DVD and Burner ...
    What I have Now - is the CD rom as Master and the Burner as 2nd Ide - But alot of guys just run the Buner as a CD rom or Burner - With Nero it will load on the Harddrive and Burn -

Duzmor

Duz !!

Originally posted by Duzmor
    What I have Now - is the CD rom as Master and the Burner as 2nd Ide - But alot of guys just run the Buner as a CD rom or Burner - With Nero it will load on the Harddrive and Burn -

Duzmor

Duz !!
    I have Nero and a TDK burner,I have read that the burner should be a master,here is my setup>
    IDE3 HDD (master)
    IDE2 TDK burner(master)
    IDE1 ASUS cdrom(master)
    IDE1 ZIP100 (slave)

if you only have 2 IDE channels,then I would do this>
    IDE1 HDD
    IDE2 burner(master) cdrom/DVD (slave)

It will have burn proof but I'd still set the burner as master...then there's the other camp that likes the CDrom as master....

It should work either way. Before burn proof, getting it right was important.

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    Liteon DVD and a Liteon CDRw

Loonatic

Loon !!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Thank's for the Help !!!

I will set the Lite on Burner On Ide 2 as Master and the Cdrom drive as the Slave

Duzmor

Duz !!

~'~|D|HawaiianGhost~'~ HawaiianGhost's Avatar
    In a chair, in front of my rig, staring at my avatar... <(0.0)>
    Originally posted by Duzmor
    Thank's for the Help !!!

I will set the Lite on Burner On Ide 2 as Master and the Cdrom drive as the Slave

Duzmor

Duz !!
    Just a thought, I noticed that I have "less" to "No" errors, i.e. buffer underruns, when the CD-ROM and the Burner are on seperate channels. This is due to the fact that some IDE devices cannot handle interleaving. I tried this out with my Lite-On 52x and my new Yamaha CRW-F1. Could not burn a single copy of anything without some kind of error. One error or "caution" window did pop up and told me that "Some IDE devices cannot be on the same IDE channel due to the fact that they may not be copable to handle data interleaving". So I changed the setup to reflect like so with my RAID configued in "0":

IDE 1:
    60GB HDD=Pri Master
    Lite-On 52x=Pri Slave

IDE 2:
    Yamaha CRW-F1=Secondary Master w/no slave

Now I don't even copy to the HDD, I can "copy-on-the-fly" in 2.5mins and no errors so far.

Just thought I'd share that little info....
    DA' BEAST:
    Win2000Pro/WinXpPro SP2||AMD AXP 2700+ T-Bred 2.2GHz w/Thermalright SLK-800 & Tt Smart FanII||ASUS A7V333/R||1GB PC2700 Corsair VS||Lite-On 52x CD-Rom||Yamaha CRW-F1ZEN 44x24x44 Burner||2xWD800JBSE in RAID-0, 1xWDSE800JB & 1xWDSE1600JB backups||SBAudigy OEMBulk||Enermax EG465AX-VE
    Chaintech GF4 Ti4200 128MB "GT21" w/ViVo SE

--------------------------------------
    Game with the ~RealmOfGhost'z~, [SG], |D|

Question

By Haveing the Lite-on Burner on the same IDE channel as the Harddrive won't it slow the Harddrive down ????

Duzmor

Duz !!
    Last edited by Duzmor; 01-23-03 at 09:34 PM.