Thread: Can't connect to game servers - Cable

zealot16

Can't connect to game servers - Cable

Last night, I was experimenting with my network configuration and made changes to some settings based on what I had read in some forums. My internet browsing speed is great. I can connect to every internet site and I can download files. I am on a cable and have never had problems before.

But the strangest thing is happening... I can browse the net with no problems, but when I try to connect to a gaming server like Counter-Strike, I can't connect! It says "Connecting to xxxxxxx" but it won't connect. It retrys four times then says it couldn't connect! Also, I can't connect to mIRC servers... can't conncet to BF1942 servers... can't connect to Anarchy Online! However, with All-Seeing-Eye, I can check on the status of servers... the program launches me to the server but simply won't connect!!

Please help!

Welcome to SG...

>I was experimenting with my network configuration and made changes to some settings<

What experimenting and changes exactly?

zealot16
    Well thats my problem.. I'm not exactly sure. I went to Control Panel, then Configure, then I changed settings where you would find Optimize: CPU or Throughput, Autonegotiation, etc.

I just can't figure out why I can surf the net without a problem, but I cant connect to servers such as mIRC or gaming servers...