Thread: Partitioning

Partitioning

Any down side like performance wise? I usually have one of my 60s’ in a 10 and a 50gig, for windows and games, but since I lost that HD I am debating on weather or not I should do this again with my new HD….Is there any performance downsize?
    Check out the Picks from TPL Here
    For Free Image Hosting check out Blynk.net
    Just click on add photos and your done

not that i know of..

ive got my 120giger split up into 6 partitions and nothing has happened yet..
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"

Idolized Industry Killer §I€MFKR™'s Avatar
    It's good to have your OS on a seperate and smaller Partition. I have it at 10g, and the other 9 partitions are various sizes.
    Bone, Brain, And Co*k
    Silence For My Revelry

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I like splitting the primary HD in to two partitions. What works for me, about 15 - 20 gigs for C, for your OS and programs. And a D partition for all my important stuff, downloads, backup, drivers, etc.

If the OS gets screwed up, I can simply format C, re-install, and all my important goodies are still on D. I'll already have the latest drivers on the D partition, so installing and tweaking the new OS is a snap.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    I like splitting the primary HD in to two partitions. What works for me, about 15 - 20 gigs for C, for your OS and programs. And a D partition for all my important stuff, downloads, backup, drivers, etc.

If the OS gets screwed up, I can simply format C, re-install, and all my important goodies are still on D. I'll already have the latest drivers on the D partition, so installing and tweaking the new OS is a snap.
    30-10 for me. He took the words right out of my mouth.
    I don't know the same things you don't know.