Thread: Memory Managers

Post Memory Managers

What does everyone think is the best memory Managers? i.e. RAMBOASTER...... what do you think??? lol, i have 384 mb of SDRAM ...but always lookin' for speed, naturally..hehe..
    The only way to stop software piracy, is to make games SO cheap, it's not even worth burning. That might be a while..hehe

I never trusted those things. I used to use one called QUEMM or QEMM, something like that and it made my system unstable. With 384 megs of RAM you shouldn't need a Mem Manager.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Originally posted by Prey521:
    I never trusted those things. I used to use one called QUEMM or QEMM, something like that and it made my system unstable. With 384 megs of RAM you shouldn't need a Mem Manager.
    i second that...most memory managers i have tried made my system run worse, and unstable.

Advanced Member

DITTO^^^

Originally posted by mikemean406:
    go here http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...tem/maxmem.htm

It frees up memory too
    That's what I was going to recommend too. It's free, small, and well written.

I will go with Norm, FreeMem can be used just to purge the ram, at least thats what I do with it. Autocad is very selfish and leaky. Two drawings open at once can bring 256 megs down to nothing, and when ya shut down Autocad ya don't get too much back, so I just purge it and close FreeMem down as well. Seems to work great.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

I use MemTurbo to free up RAM and it also has a built in Cache Tuner that works pretty well.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Blog Entries

Hi DragonWC99 nice to meet you

i tried a few that were mentioned as well. not much succes.

i now use FreeMem Std. and it works fine. i used it just a moment ago as a matter of fact.

i too have 384ram. the FreeMem is also a freebie.

Blog Entries

Smile

Hi DragonWC99 nice to meet you

i tried a few that were mentioned as well. not much succes.

i now use FreeMem Std. and it works fine. i used it just a moment ago as a matter of fact.

i too have 384ram. the FreeMem is also a freebie.

Go here and scroll down to tools

http://www.speedcorp.net/freelinks.shtml

regards minir

How about Memory Defragers... take this for instance http://connectiva.tucows.com/preview/190609.html what do you think...?
    The only way to stop software piracy, is to make games SO cheap, it's not even worth burning. That might be a while..hehe

goto analog x and look at there stuff they will set ur memory settings so they are fully optimized and then there is "membooster" that u can have refresh ur ram at any point, ant it has a text file teaching u how to use it, they are the only memory things i would ever use!

www.analogx.com