Thread: Router/Cable modem conflict problem..

The Bad Guy

Router/Cable modem conflict problem..

I bought a speedstream router on Monday. When I brought it home, configed it and set it up, everything went smooth.

I could log on IE and AOL fine without problem. However, once I exited those programs after initially using them after a reboot, my computer would lag considerably. The mouse would become real hard to operate and everything on the comp seemed real slow.

I took back the speedstream and got a Belkin FSD05230-4. I like this router a lot more than Speedstream, however, the same lag problem is occuring.

The problem doesn't happen when I reboot the comp and open the internet appilcations shortly after. The problem occurs once I close out of AOL and reopen it and try to sign on. It's the same with IE.

I've called Adelphia (my cable modem provider), Belkin, AOL and Dell and none of them seem to have the solution to the problem.

Hopefully someone on this fine forum knows of the problem I'm speaking of because the tech guys at all 4 companies don't have a clue.

Anyone have any insight about this problem?

When you start AOL under the Select Location box do you have ISP/LAN connection or Home Cable ?

The Bad Guy
    I had ISP/LAn location yesterday and it was doing it. I re-installed 8.0 because I thought the version I had could have been the problem.

Now in that box I have home networking and it's doing the same thing.

you need to click on setup then click on expert setup then click on the tab devices and select cable home. try that and see what happen's