Thread: Converting to Fat32: DIFF TOPIC

Converting to Fat32: DIFF TOPIC

I know there is a similar Topic. But i know how to change it, but i accidently made my Games partition on my 80gb hdd a ntfs. Its not that big of a deal, but i rahter have it fat32... WIndows is on another partitionl. Is it ok if i just copy/paster all my games folder, move it to my storage Partition. Repartition my games partition and move everythign back? and all the games still work?

yeah, you can freely move files from a FAT32 partition to a NTFS partition and vice versa. just be sure to put them back in the same directory. some apps won't run if you move them to a different folder/drive.

(*EDIT*) as long as you don't violate certain limitations of FAT32 file structure.... like files over 2GB and the like.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Or, use a utility like drive magic or partition magic and convert it in place. They work best in there's a reasonable amount of free space open on the partition. A percentage free that is larger than the data is best- and I wouldn't try it with less than 25%- it will take a painfully long time.
    Observe everything...focus on nothing..

Originally posted by twwabw
    Or, use a utility like drive magic or partition magic and convert it in place. They work best in there's a reasonable amount of free space open on the partition. A percentage free that is larger than the data is best- and I wouldn't try it with less than 25%- it will take a painfully long time.
    i'm with u