Thread: Multi Session CD-r

Multi Session CD-r

What exactly is Multisession? Is it where u can write on the disc more then once, IE use 50 mb one time, 200 another, and 400 another to use the whole disc??

IF so how does it work with nero.. i never really used this, and my mom is upgradeing her office to CD-rs and i wanna save her cd's

SG Elite
    Yeah, basically it allows you to pick up a recording session later or "add on" to a CD-R when you're ready. In Nero, you select "Multi-Session" from the recording options menu. However, if you "Finalize" a CD, then you can't go back later.

If u dont finalize it, U can still read it right??

I can just add and add until its full and it will function just like a CD-R right?

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    To the best of my knowledge.. yes..

SG Elite
    Originally posted by aagiants
    If u dont finalize it, U can still read it right??

I can just add and add until its full and it will function just like a CD-R right?
    RIGHT.

Just a note. If you burn for music and you don't finalize the cd, the player in your car for instance won't be able to play the cd.
    "You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. - Al Capone."

Multisession works very easy with Nero for me, as I usually make a CD of a few new files or whatever, then update the same disc with new info...

just click, Start a multisession disc, and burn disc, then click on Continue a mutisession disc to continue where you left off on the burning.