Thread: Great article on Adware/Spyware, and how to deal with

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Great article on Adware/Spyware, and how to deal with

MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

It says their site is down right now, but I'm sure it's a great article, Tweak3d usually has excellent articles.
    Thanks for posting this YeOldeStonecat, I wish more people would listen and take the proper precautions from spyware, in my opinion it's a virus and should be illegal, but nobody want's to listen and then their pcs crash and files get currupt, firewalls get disabled..... when will people learn?

Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

Originally posted by mnosteele52
    I wish more people would listen and take the proper precautions from spyware, in my opinion it's a virus and should be illegal, but nobody want's to listen and then their pcs crash and files get currupt, firewalls get disabled..... when will people learn?

I couldn't agree more.. I have been urging all my family members to stay up with AdAware or Spybot just as they would Antivirus... People think that as long as they have antivirus they are safe.. Big mistake these days.. 70% of the downed PC's I deal with are infested with spyware and usually the user is totally unaware.. Good article and good lookin' out fellas!
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru