Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fckgwing college security

fckgwing college security

I was goin with traffic down the road into my college. its a 25 done, im doin 37 (no acceleration just rolling in 1st), boom get pulled over. Get a $50 for speeding, then a $25 for no decal, then a $50 for parking by a handicap spot (where she pulled me over).

What a day
    The user formally known as jesse23

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    PTS (Parking and Transportation Services) is just as loved here
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Are campus cops real police officers or are they just Rent a Cops?

I know USF in Tampa has a mix between both, I never pull over for the campus ones, when Im trespassing on campus
    There Is only the Here and The Now, If you forget about that You might as well be Dead!

rent-a-cops

Jesse,

If I read that correctly, it appears that she gave you two extra tickets just based on where you pulled over. In my view, that seems extremely petty on the rent-a-cops part. You should probably pay the speeding portion of the fine, but I would go to the supervisors (or higher) and complain on the other two tickets. The security requested that you pull over, and so you did. From what I read, it was not your intention to park in a handicap spot, or to even park at all.

Waferdog

This is very true

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Originally posted by waferdog
    Jesse,

If I read that correctly, it appears that she gave you two extra tickets just based on where you pulled over. In my view, that seems extremely petty on the rent-a-cops part. You should probably pay the speeding portion of the fine, but I would go to the supervisors (or higher) and complain on the other two tickets. The security requested that you pull over, and so you did. From what I read, it was not your intention to park in a handicap spot, or to even park at all.

Waferdog
    I fully agree with you.

Fight it buddy and stick to your guns!
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana

Re: fckgwing college security

Originally posted by Jesse23
    I was goin with traffic down the road into my college. its a 25 done, im doin 37 (no acceleration just rolling in 1st), boom get pulled over. Get a $50 for speeding, then a $25 for no decal, then a $50 for parking by a handicap spot (where she pulled me over).

What a day
    Here's what I would do.

1) Speeding
    If she didn't have you on radar, fight it. She has to have proof for a conviction.

2) No decal
    Who's car where you in? If it's yours, pay it. You didn't have a decal, no way around that. Or you can say you were in your moms car, because yours was in the shop.

3) Handicap zone
    If you wasn't really parking there you can get that one dropped quick.

Who do you have to pay the ticket too, the county or the school?

You can always plead not guilty and get her on the stand. Ask questions that are relevant and to the point only. Or you can make an appointment with the DA, maybe he'll drop them.

If I made an appointment with the DA, I'd plead guilty to the sticker one only, and get him to drop the others. Talk like you're well educated and you'll get far, none of the "Yo" crap.

Some tickets are easy to get out of, and if you can prove that she was being an ass to you, that may help even more.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

In California the campus police have more jurisdiction than the local police, which I assume to be true in most states. They are state police, compared to local cops are just municipal. Rent a cops can't give tickets, they have very little power.

What did you say to her? No offense but you must have said something for the handicap ticket. There is no way that should stand up in court, it is illegal to park on the highway, yet the highway patrol does not give tickets for that when one gets pulled over. Did you get out to go to class while she was writing the ticket?

37 in first gear? What kind of car do you have and what RPM was it at?

Good luck with that, tickets suck,(about to go and take care of $1000 in fines myself so I have some sympathy).

Rules are rules ( for a reason), no matter how petty you may think they are.

Pay the piper..... oh wait... maybe you can sue her on some civil rights law...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by ExarKun
    Are campus cops real police officers or are they just Rent a Cops?
    It depends on where you are. Some campuses have "security", or what some of you call "rent-a-cops". Other campuses, such as where I went, UCONN (University of Connecticut), have full blown state police...since it's a state college.

Jesse, what's your beef? Going that fast in 1st...on a campus, you DESERVE a speeding ticket. The only thing I'd have a problem with, was the ticket for where you pulled over, since you pulled over clearly temporarily per their request (takedown lights).
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Originally posted by De Plano

What did you say to her?

37 in first gear? What kind of car do you have and what RPM was it at?
    I agree, and was just about to ask what the hell car you were in. in my car if Im going 37 Im pushing almost 7 grand (near redline) and my car sounds like its gonna blow up. UP SHIFT BUDDY UPSHIFT!!!
    AMD Athlon 1900+ XP | ASUS A7V266E mobo |Visiontek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti500 | 40gb HD 7200 | 16X DVD | 256mb DDR | SBlaster Audigy XGamer | Windows 2000 | Cooler Master ATC-210 Azure
    Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    this dude needs some pimpish SG title lol

Originally posted by EvilAngel
    Rules are rules ( for a reason), no matter how petty you may think they are.

Pay the piper..... oh wait... maybe you can sue her on some civil rights law...
    True...rules are rules.

However, if you were just parked there because she pulled you over, you shouldn't have to pay it. Also, if it wans't your car and shouldn't have a decal on it, than you shouldn't have to pay that one either. (What kind of decal is it? Do you HAVE to have one just to drive around campus?)

I believe in rules. (I'm a high school teacher, what do you think? LOL) However, when the cop gives you tickets for rules you didn't even break, you shouldn't have to suffer the conciquences for those.

With the speeding one, you were speeding and know it...you should pay that one.

I was doing some thinking last night. My car was still in 1st and it is not capable of hitting 37 in 1st. The max i can hit is like 28 i Believe. Therefore I was going 28 max. I went to the school today to test the radar thing. I went to 20mph and low and behold it said i was going 28

I went to 20mph and low and behold it said i was going 28
    Well there you go, if you can prove that you can get off of all three tickets. I know people are well meaning when they say "rules are rules" , but just because somebody says you did something, doesn't mean you did it. Even if it is a cop.

Go to the clerk of court and subpoena the calibration records for the radar gun.

Has it been calibrated recently? It could be miscalibrated, I have seen this happen before, to a friend of mine who is a cop.

Has it been calibrated according to state law?

I wouldn't tell anybody how fast you were going, all you have to prove is that the gun is off, and all of thier evidence goes right out of the window.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Don't be a sheep and pay the ticket, fight it and you might just win.

I was doing some thinking last night. My car was still in 1st and it is not capable of hitting 37 in 1st. The max i can hit is like 28 i Believe. Therefore I was going 28 max. I went to the school today to test the radar thing. I went to 20mph and low and behold it said i was going 28
    So STILL you were driving around trying to draw attention by redlining your engine....probably have a coffee can exhaust on it too. ///THAT's/// the point. At the very least that should get you "creating un-necessary noise". Own up to them, I don't drive like an angle, I've done more brakestands than most entire school populations of students put all together. I've even gotten a ticket for doing brakestand at a stoplight, tickets for racing right past police stations, speeding down what I thought was uninhabited highways, etc. Hey, I own up to them. You do something like that...you sometimes have to pay the price.

Looks like you got what you were looking for...you drew someones attention.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Just curious, YOSC. How do you know he was doing all this stuff?

I assume you are just making about point, eh?

Educated guess....he said the max he was could technically go is 28...."therefore I was going 28 max".

But add to that some common sense, as I've been driving standards since, oh, 12....most people will shift out of 1st gear, into 2nd gear, even by 15 mph. Most people who aren't driving in a noise making annoying manner will have shifted into 2nd gear. I'll put my money on "the tach was up there"
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    I'll put my money on "the tach was up there"
    Yeah...I'll go with you on that. I had a Jeep Wrangler for awhile, and I'm sure you are well aware that we shifted into 2nd at about...oh....5mph. LOL

I just wonder if he has a ricer, those are usually higher aren't they? Just curious.

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    ..... I'll put my money on "the tach was up there".....
    I think that too, but I wasn't there and neither was the judge. I'm a firm believer in "innocent untill proven guilty".

Sorry y'all but if I get a ticket, I do everything in my power to get out of it. It's the American way.