Thread: New PC too fast?

Arrow New PC too fast?

I got a new PC with the specs listed in my profile. It also has an AMD Palamo (XP) 1700+ (1.44GHz) and I can't run Blood 2 any more! I am able to run it ONLY in software mode, but it looked better on my old system! I coulden't beleave it because I was running 200MHz and 96MB DIMM Ram! Can anyone help?

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    I guess you're running windows xp or 2000 ... well some old games are not supported and might be the cause of the problem..

does this happen to newer games u play too?

I am running Windows 98SE.

only able to run in software rendering mode?

what videocard do you have? is it an integrated VGA adapter (integrated into your mainboard)?

is this an OEM system (Dell, Gateway, Compaq, etc)? if so , what model is it?

Could be that you may need to check out their web site and see if there's a patch for the game.

When I upgraded, Warcraft 2 worked fine but the voices all sounded like women. lol

I have all the latest driver for all my hardware. My hardware list is below.
    ASUS MD with VIA 266 chipset
    AMD Athalon XP 1700+
    384MD DDR 2100 RAM
    80 GB Maxter 5400 RPM 100ATA/UDMA
    OptoRite 32X12X40X CD-Rw
    LiteOn 56X CD-Rom
    GeForce 2 64MB 4X AGP
    Philips PSC 604 sound card
    Windows 98 SE

OK. i don't think the hardware would be a problem.

arew your vidcard drivers up to date? have you tried reinstalling them? what about your mainboard chipset drivers?

also, you say you have a new PC. did you just take out the hard drive from your old system and plug & play? or is this a fresh install or win98?

Don't know if this is the right game or not..but have you tried this?

http://www.the-chosen.com/patch/

The only thing that is old is my floppy drive. I replaced the rest of the hardware and I have all the latest drivers for all my stuff. Yes, the link above it the right game.

Folding Thunder
    Did you just slap the 80GB hard drive from the old machine into the new one?

The 80GB drive is new, I had a 20GB beafor. I gave and sold the old computer parts away. The 80GB is partitiond as a 56.6 GB and a 19.6 GB drive for backup purpeses.

Folding Thunder
    Originally posted by 1031982
    The 80GB drive is new, I had a 20GB beafor. I gave and sold the old computer parts away. The 80GB is partitiond as a 56.6 GB and a 19.6 GB drive for backup purpeses.
    Well, it could be the game itself. I had similar problems with my games. I just re-installed them, added the patches and i was good to go.

That is what I thaught, so I tried that but it didn't work.

just curious... does it do this with any other games?

it is starting to look less and less like a hardware/driver issue. i don't play Blood, so i am not familiar with it's problems if there be any.

This is the only game. Is it possable that my new system is to advanced for the game? As I said befor, it worked on my 200MHz system and other peoples PC's.

did you install the VIA Chipset drivers FIRST? They are needed for the AGP Gart

then install vid card drivers from www.nvidia.com latest version there

and try

oh yeah don't forget DX 8.1 as well
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Yes, in that order also. I re-installed my system. Installed VIA chipset drivers, then the Video crad drivers. Finnaly I installed DirectX 8.1 allong with the BDA informantion doe Direct X.

did u install teh patch downhill posted?

I know this sounds simple but...have you tried going into the game options and changing from software rendering to opengl or direct3d?
    worth a shot anyway.

Unhappy

I have installed the patch posted. As for telling the game to use D3D or OpenGL, the game only supports D3D (Direct X) and I can't see anything if I run it with D3D.