PDA

View Full Version : 2 sound card

cy
12-03-02, 08:43 PM
The microphone jack on my SBLive MP3+ is broken, it's kinda off it's place. Is it possible to get another crappy sound card and use the microphone in from there and output everything from my SB?

A_old
12-03-02, 09:55 PM
if you REALLY want to, but i'd just get a USB microphone. keep it simple

cy
12-03-02, 10:22 PM
I have a Karaoke microphone that I want to use, that's why i NEED a mic jack :rolleyes:

LT-73
12-03-02, 10:25 PM
I'll agree with amro, cy. It can go 2 ways tho:

1) since the connections of the mic jack is so small, you'll have to unsolder it to solder back the new one and hope it werks
2) you'll go thru all that and kill the soundcard.

Don't say we did'nt warn ya

TEH WIN
12-03-02, 10:28 PM
yes, you can

make sure you set the primary output in your sound settings to your good sound card, and make sure you set the mic input for your cheap sound card in teh same settings

what OS?

A_old
12-03-02, 10:32 PM
ok well next time, how about i don't help you..don't gimme that BS face ..and.. no, don't be an idiot and put 2 sound cards in your system because it's a waste of resources. RMA your current thru creative and get another if it's under warranty, otherwise go buy a new one and be more careful.

cy
12-04-02, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by TEH E-WIN
yes, you can

make sure you set the primary output in your sound settings to your good sound card, and make sure you set the mic input for your cheap sound card in teh same settings

what OS?

Thanks, that's all i need to know. I m running XP :)