PDA

View Full Version : Jaton video boards

Deus ex Machina
11-30-02, 11:07 PM
I saw a Jaton 4200 board for 109..... I am unsure of their quality.

david

A_old
11-30-02, 11:07 PM
heard of it only once before, that isn't a good thing

Easto
11-30-02, 11:57 PM
Jaton is in Milpitas california. You can research if you want.

terrancelam
12-01-02, 01:51 AM
not a bad company, but not a great on either in terms of breaking records or winning awards. They make alot of Nvidia stuff, I bought a TnT2/m64 32mb card that was a Jaton version and it was great for what it was, had no problems with it and drivers weren't a big deal. Just used the Nvidia.com ones and everything was fine.
If you want one to play games, I think that is a very dencent price for a Ti4200. :D

YeOldeStonecat
12-01-02, 07:11 AM
They made their name with 9 dollar components many years ago, mostly selling out of Tiger Systems cataloges. They define the name "generic". If you get a super cheap generic "mom and pop shop" built clone, you'll often find Jaton products.

Granted many vid cards now are reference designs, with the main chipsets made by someone like nVidia, ATI, etc.

Duzmor
12-01-02, 08:00 AM
I have a Jaton card In My Kids Computer and it works great- It use's Nvidia Drivers - I Bought for $20.00 from a Guy at Work !!!

it is a Jaton 3Dforce B-32 Plus Video Card (Agp)

Duzmor:D :D

Duz !!

YARDofSTUF
12-01-02, 09:38 AM
i got a jaston nic, sound card and geforce2mx for 40 bucks last week. being that its a gift for someone i cant tell ya if they work yet lol

Deus ex Machina
12-01-02, 02:25 PM
I had used them for generics. I stopped a while back when I installed some boards with mismarked RAM.... I was not sure how they would fair with "higher" end boards.

thanks for the input,
david