PDA

View Full Version : Asus A7n8x up & Running

Duzmor
11-26-02, 03:42 PM
I just got The new Asus A7n8x Nforce2 Board and the Corsair Pc-3200 C2 ram up and running- Boy it is Nice- Everthing works great - Set up a So Easy - Asus did a Great Job- on the Board- they give you a Driver and utility disk- to load up the Nvidia sound drivers & the drivers for the Board I did have to go to Nvidia to get the drivers for the Video card - The Board would not Load the Old OS (Win 2000 pro) So I had to Re-format but I would have done It anyway !!! I also Have the ThermalRight Ax-7 HeatSink and fan on the CPU- and It is real tight - No room at all !!!But it did fit !! The On board NIC card ( Useing Nvidia) Is Fast - Loaded the drivers from the Driver disk.

Also when you Boot a real Nice Lady Talks to You !!! Saying everting if running fine -and Now it is loading the OS (Great Voice)

Now it is in Burn-In to get everything set

Duzmor:D :D

Duz !!

HawaiianGhost
11-26-02, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Duzmor
Also when you Boot a real Nice Lady Talks to You !!! Saying everting if running fine -and Now it is loading the OS (Great Voice)

Duz !!

Believe me, you'll get tired of her A$$ after awhile. Especially when you've clocked the limit, yet you want to keep tryin'. Good feature that's integrated into the Hardware monitoring system though, prevent fryin' your rig - C.O.P. is what it's called.
Let me know when you hear this:

"System failed due to CPU overclocking!"

You'll get a blank screen - just reset and it will automatically send you back to your FSB adjustment screen in BIOS to reset your settings.
Have fun, keep us posted of your rezult'z dude!

YeOldeStonecat
11-26-02, 05:55 PM
Glad you're enjoying it. It's the one and only chipset I'll ever use for an AMD system, nVidia sure did a great job.

Yeah, you never want to use your HD with the OS still installed from the old system. Especially when changing chipsets, not to mention just to get all that Via crap out of the system. Format and re-install from scratch.

Do some back to back benchmarks...the nVidia NIC against the 3COM one....you'll be surprised at how nVidia even did a fantastic job on the NIC.

Duzmor
11-26-02, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
Glad you're enjoying it. It's the one and only chipset I'll ever use for an AMD system, nVidia sure did a great job.

Yeah, you never want to use your HD with the OS still installed from the old system. Especially when changing chipsets, not to mention just to get all that Via crap out of the system. Format and re-install from scratch.

Do some back to back benchmarks...the nVidia NIC against the 3COM one....you'll be surprised at how nVidia even did a fantastic job on the NIC.

The Board was so easy to set- up !!! Works good !!!

What do think of the Pgm Asus uses "Asus PC Probe" - "Asus -Up Date" It came with the Asus Disk ????

Duz !!

LT-73
11-26-02, 06:22 PM
Dam! I lady's voice when it boots? You have all the luck Duzmor! I wished nebulous spoke when it boots up, but then with my luck , it'll be a guy'z voice like Barry White or something :eek:

Duzmor
11-26-02, 06:27 PM
I just Hope she doesn't Call Me a "Dumb a*ss" Or "What a Stupid Sh*It Or any thing Like That - I will send It back :D :D

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Duz !!

YeOldeStonecat
11-26-02, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Duzmor
The Board was so easy to set- up !!! Works good !!!

What do think of the Pgm Asus uses "Asus PC Probe" - "Asus -Up Date" It came with the Asus Disk ????

Duz !!

I used the PC Probe only...worked fine. Tried their BIOS updater, but at that time, if I remember, they were having problems with their server which handles that, so wasn't about to keep trying something that risky. I love Asus to death, but one thing, their websites are always beyond painfully slow, it's like they host from a dial up connection.

BTW....even newer nForce drivers just came out a day or so ago, did you hitup nVidia's site?

Duzmor
11-26-02, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
I used the PC Probe only...worked fine. Tried their BIOS updater, but at that time, if I remember, they were having problems with their server which handles that, so wasn't about to keep trying something that risky. I love Asus to death, but one thing, their websites are always beyond painfully slow, it's like they host from a dial up connection.

BTW....even newer nForce drivers just came out a day or so ago, did you hitup nVidia's site?

No not yet But I will !!

Thanks

Duz !!

Duzmor
11-26-02, 06:46 PM
Here is the driver up-Date Page for the Board - What do you think ?? (Win 2000 Pro)

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nforce_udp_win2k_2.00

Duz !!

fish59
11-26-02, 06:59 PM
Hey Duz'
Show us some benches!

LT-73
11-26-02, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by fish59
Hey Duz'
Show us some benches!

Yeah, what he said! :nod:

Hey Duzmor, that Driver package looks kosher and it's WHQL certified. I say go for it ;)