PDA

View Full Version : got my p3 733 running

zooner
11-25-02, 11:27 PM
yahoo! I dont have a case, so it started like this:

http://zooner.ranchoweb.com/pics/loose.jpg

then, I cleaned it up to this:

http://zooner.ranchoweb.com/pics/loose1.jpg

i hope to pick up a case tomarrow. i wanted a desktop case, but they do have med case in buffalo only 9.99.

bummer for me. I just bought a keyboard and it's a frickin serial keyboard. what are the odds!!! Plus, i cant find my extra network cable.

i hope to get apache running on her tonight. we'll see.

zooner
11-25-02, 11:28 PM
she's pretty fast for a 733. honestly, not much slower then my p4. said that an ata33 HD seems to be nearly as fast as raid0 in basic webviewing etc.

hope to have her hosting and folding by wednesday at the latest.

Immortal
11-26-02, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by zooner
she's pretty fast for a 733. honestly, not much slower then my p4. said that an ata33 HD seems to be nearly as fast as raid0 in basic webviewing etc.

hope to have her hosting and folding by wednesday at the latest.

that's exactly waht I want to do.. I wanted to make a 1 gig of ram 1.4a celeron socket 370 to do hosting and serving... how does that sound?

zooner
11-26-02, 01:07 AM
that sounds fantastic!

(I would suggest using a case though. Those compents open like that is makin me nervous.)

I like that program too in the general forum. it's going to save me the trouble of buying another keyboard me thinks.

Immortal
11-26-02, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by zooner
that sounds fantastic!

(I would suggest using a case though. Those compents open like that is makin me nervous.)

I like that program too in the general forum. it's going to save me the trouble of buying another keyboard me thinks.

yeap me too.. and I was thinking of putting this server in my friends house.. he lives in a place with t2 connection.. :D

it won't take up much of his space eh.. haha.. hopefully..

but I still have to go over just to install new software no?

zooner
11-26-02, 01:39 AM
I dont think so. upload it to your computer at his house. Then remote connect to install it.

think it'd work?