PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this?

Sid
11-21-02, 06:45 PM
Most of you know that I have been out of work for a few months because of my back surgery. My girl friend has been taking me to the swap meet to help her sell things in order to make ends meet. Anyways we were going through all the thrift stores here in town and I found a couple of HP printers. One was a HP 672 color inkjet, it was $20.00 and was in mint condition. I bought it. I found an old HP laserjet series II for $10.00. I did not buy it but was wondering if it would be wise to pick it up and how much do you think I could sell it for. Looks to be in pretty good shape as well. It only had one font cartidge and I see from HP's site that it came with two.

What do you think, is it worth it?

A_old
11-21-02, 06:54 PM
lazers are expensive to fix...if may not work..who knows.

Amro

yikes
11-21-02, 07:17 PM
amro, i disagree,

for 10 bucks its worth the risk

Sid
11-21-02, 07:27 PM
Guys, I'm not going to keep it. I am considering buying it to sell at the swap meet. I already have a kick a$$ laser printer. How much should I charge if I buy it?

A_old
11-21-02, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Sid
Guys, I'm not going to keep it. I am considering buying it to sell at the swap meet. I already have a kick a$$ laser printer. How much should I charge if I buy it?

i dunno man, i suppose if it worked 50 bucks?

poptom
11-21-02, 08:59 PM
If it's at a thrift shop, I wouldn't touch it. Nobody's likely to have given them one that's in working order. Maybe the fuser is shot.

Sid
11-21-02, 09:05 PM
I just fired up the HP deskjet that I got there as well. It's works great and not a scratch on it. I also saw some business quallity 10mb 15 port hubs there for $7.00. Didn't buy them. Trying to figure out what will sell good for the area I'm selling in.

A_old
11-21-02, 09:16 PM
right but why would the lazer be cheaper than an old inkjet?

Sid
11-21-02, 09:19 PM
The laser is a lot older than the deskjet. I wish I had a portable to take in there and see if it works.

cy
11-21-02, 09:19 PM
Probably replacement of the toner will cost u a LOT? or even discontinuted?

Sid
11-21-02, 09:56 PM
Your missing the point. I don't want it for myself and I really don't care what the toner cost. My question is should I buy it for $10.00 and sell it for say $50.00.