PDA

View Full Version : batteries running out

Jeremy
11-03-02, 04:46 PM
I just got myself an HP Photosmart 620. I've taken about 30 or so photos with the Energizer e2 batteries that came with it, and theyr'e already draining down fast, even without using the LCD much. I am considering buying rechargeable nimh batteries. I noticed, though, that they're like $50-100 for a pack of 4 plus charger. would they be worth buying, and do they overcharge or lose their power overtime?

ScottE
11-03-02, 05:19 PM
Yes NiMH batteries loose their abiltity to hold a charge over time as all batteries do, you'd be better with LiLON batteries they last the longest and don't have the memory problems that other types of rechargables do.

Set
11-03-02, 07:55 PM
i got a 2 pack of nim AA batterys + charger for 20 bucks at meijers they rock! last a long time to

TEH WIN
11-03-02, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Jeremy
I just got myself an HP Photosmart 620. I've taken about 30 or so photos with the Energizer e2 batteries that came with it, and theyr'e already draining down fast, even without using the LCD much. I am considering buying rechargeable nimh batteries. I noticed, though, that they're like $50-100 for a pack of 4 plus charger. would they be worth buying, and do they overcharge or lose their power overtime?

is taht with or without the flash?

My camera will chews through batteries when using the flash, but it'll go forever without the flash

poptom
11-04-02, 12:27 AM
It probably came with alkaline batteries and I'm surprised you got that many pix from them.

You should be able to find 4-packs of NiMH for about $10. Get two sets and an automatic charger. Keep one set on the charger. They lose something like 2% charge each day so rotate them. (I'm thinking of AA cells here).

Don't use Lion batteries unless the manual says you can. They may generate too much heat.

There are a number of battery dealers on ebay. I've bought from a couple of the on the past. Here's another place to look:
http://www.cyberguys.com/

Jeremy
11-15-02, 05:52 PM
ok i got 4 to start and a charger. So far they've lasted 100 shots with 75 flashes :cool:

bug
11-16-02, 06:03 AM
Cheapest place I have seen NiMH AA rechargable batteries is
Shoppers Drug Mart in Vancouver for $16 [4 pak of AA NiMH 1800 mAh Duracells]

Futureshop wants $24 for the same batteries

I can get 300 pics at 1280x960 with my Fuji S602 before they go dead.