PDA

View Full Version : defrag a Raid0 16k/16k ntfs partition... (?)



Thor Walez
09-12-02, 03:36 AM
What is the best programm doing that?!?!

-Thanks, Thor

YARDofSTUF
09-12-02, 10:45 AM
convert to fat32 lol

Thor Walez
09-12-02, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
convert to fat32 lol

2nd time a day that u making fun of me.... :cry: :cry:

-Thor

Ken
09-12-02, 12:16 PM
Hey Thor,
While I can't answer your exact question this link may help...

http://www.wec.ufl.edu/staff/hydew/comp/os/nt_ntfs.html

It starts off a bit wierd, but gets better and has some prog links that may interest you...
l8rz,
Ken

YARDofSTUF
09-12-02, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Thor Walez
2nd time a day that u making fun of me.... :cry: :cry:

-Thor


its only cuz i am jelious of ur Dually :p

Thor Walez
09-12-02, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
its only cuz i am jelious of ur Dually :p

n/p ... everyone is jelious of my Dually :p

But it is not a dually at the moment, till I get some 333fsb capable XP(2700?) for my (!still!) KD7 :D

Your friend
-Thor

Thor Walez
09-12-02, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Ken
Hey Thor,
While I can't answer your exact question this link may help...

http://www.wec.ufl.edu/staff/hydew/comp/os/nt_ntfs.html

It starts off a bit wierd, but gets better and has some prog links that may interest you...
l8rz,
Ken

great!
U R my Hero of the day!

-Thor

*edit* DISKEEPER wonīt help ... "Canīt handle ntfs above 4k cluster" *grrr*

RoundEye
09-12-02, 04:08 PM
I hear Norton's Speed Disk will defrag clusters over 4k, but nobody has been able to confirm this for me.

I found out the hard way too (http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85695&highlight=defrag)

Scott
09-12-02, 09:05 PM
I hear Norton's Speed Disk will defrag clusters over 4k, but nobody has been able to confirm this for me.

Confirmed. :)

BMED
09-13-02, 12:41 AM
http://www.vopt.com/

UOD introduced me to Vopt a while back, seems to be the fastest defrag program I had ever used. Try it out and let me know how it works out with the 16k/16k RAID set-up.

BMED

Thor Walez
09-13-02, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by BMED
http://www.vopt.com/

UOD introduced me to Vopt a while back, seems to be the fastest defrag program I had ever used. Try it out and let me know how it works out with the 16k/16k RAID set-up.

BMED

Speedisk
http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/666pandur666/speedisk.jpg