PDA

View Full Version : Sound Blaster live MP3+

cy
09-10-02, 11:42 PM
I have this card and at the back of the card, there is 2 output. output 1 and output 2. The sound will only come out when i plug into output 1 but not output 2 or both. Is there something i need to enable in order to use both output?

LT-73
09-11-02, 12:26 AM
Unless you're using digital out which is the 2nd output, it ain't gonna work. That's to hook up to an amp or the creative digital reciever that fits in the cdrom bay.

The output that werks (1st) is the speaker output.

Set
09-11-02, 02:19 AM
If you wanna use more then one set of speakers Buy a Y spliter from radio shack :D

cy
09-11-02, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by LT-73
Unless you're using digital out which is the 2nd output, it ain't gonna work. That's to hook up to an amp or the creative digital reciever that fits in the cdrom bay.

The output that werks (1st) is the speaker output.

So what is the 2nd one for then?

and yep settrippen, that's what i m doing now :D But by splitting the jack, i'll also split the power of the output into half as much too :(

§I€MFKR™
09-11-02, 05:16 PM
The second output is for digital out.:D

cy
09-11-02, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Hybridmonolith
The second output is for digital out.:D

nope, I got a yellow digital out and 2 OUTPUT labeled output 1 and output 2

LT-73
09-11-02, 08:09 PM
um ......cy

RTFM :D

cy
09-11-02, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by LT-73
um ......cy

RTFM :D

um....LT

what is that? :D

§I€MFKR™
09-11-02, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by cy
nope, I got a yellow digital out and 2 OUTPUT labeled output 1 and output 2

I have the Audigy MP3+ and i only have the 2 outputs, 1 Digital and 1 Not.:D My Bad.

LT-73
09-11-02, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by cy
um....LT

what is that? :D

LOL, Read The Freakin Manual ! ;)

What does it say in the installaion manual?

The Dude
09-11-02, 08:23 PM
Go into the "Creative Audio HQ" select speaker and set to 4 speakers. Also in the control panel go to "Sounds and Multimedia" select the "Audio" tab and then advanced in the "Sound Playback" to set up for 4 speakers. ;)

PS: I have a sound blaster live value. It has the digital "yellow" output plus two speaker outputs, one is green and the other is black.

lance-tek
09-11-02, 08:37 PM
I have the same card. It is a Sound Blaster Live VALUE (digital).
I have

BLACK (Rear Out jack) Connects to powered speakers or an external amplifier for audio output.

LIME (Line Out jack) Connects to powered speakers or an external amplifier for audio output. Also supports headphones.

PINK (Microphone In jack) Connects to an external microphone for voice input.

LIGHT BLUE (Line In jack) Connects to external devices (such as cassette, DAT, or MiniDisc player for playback or recording.

YELLOW (Digital Out jack) Connects to FourPointSurround digital speakers via minijack-to-DIN cable

you can download the manual from http://soundblaster.com/manuals/SBLv_digital.pdf. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (minimum) to view it.

Hope this helps.