PDA

View Full Version : monitor problem?

drums
09-10-02, 05:57 PM
hey there, i just got what im estimating at is a 15-17 inch monitor...it came off my girl's old packard bell 7800...she gave it to me to replace my super tiny crappy colored monitor that ive had for years...anyways hooked this puppy up to my radeon 7500 and now all my games are wayy dark ( soldier of fortune 2, UT, etc.) ive got the brightness turned all the way up on this monitor and if i pump up the brightness a few notches in a couple of my games its a bit better but has that "washed" sort of look when u turn up brightness. Soldier of Fortune 2 isnt even playable, its way too dark. so basically what im wondering is there anything i can do to fix this problem? or is it a case of the old monitor syndrome and i should go back to my old 14" inch IBM monitor lol...

-drums

p.s. sorry for double post wasnt sure if this should go in games or hardware...since its my games that are too dark

LT-73
09-10-02, 05:58 PM
You might have to install the drivers to the monitor. Also, did you uninstall the old monitor from device manager?

It could be that "new" monitor is too old for the vid card. You might have to go back to the original monitor you was using b4.

LT-73
09-10-02, 08:15 PM
Actually, it's a driver issue. Try my suggestion ;)