PDA

View Full Version : Thanx to Hybrid....I got pics loaded....

HawaiianGhost
09-09-02, 08:21 PM
Here's some rezult'z (especially for LT-73 who advised a little):

http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/hawaiianghost/bench020908.jpg

Yeah o.k., for those of you who did not see my first thread awhile ago, this is just a bench of my upgrades *see SIG*, compared to my last mobo (GA-7IXE4) which I had a HELL of a time breakin' 3000pts!! I'm waitin' on new CPU, Vid Card & maybe pick up another 512 stick soon. This is my first major upgrade in about 1-2yrs. I have two more rig designs planned for next year too.
I do have some issues though with these settings:

http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/hawaiianghost/oc5C27d020908.jpg

i.e. my AGP is set to 4x but disabled to 1x!? I think it's because of my FSB setting. I don't know what the CPU/memory Freq is supposed to be set to but it seems to be workin' fine, no overheat probs. And I cannot set CPU Freq lower than 11x without locking up b4 boot to OS. Also, how high can the vcore be before dangerous levels? I read about alot of ppl set at either 1.75v-1.85v (I understand the lower the better but then you get limited). I can go to 112 on fsb, bit decided to see what you guys think.

Anybody got suggestions? I already have plans with component upgrades so I don't need those types of inputs...Thanx in advance...:D

aagiants
09-09-02, 08:23 PM
to get better pic, hit ali print srn, it takes a pic of that window only... save as jpg too :)

HawaiianGhost
09-09-02, 08:29 PM
Thanx aagiants, will do that next time. Oh, LT-73, thanx for that other link I'll check that one out later, I kinda' like this one that Hybrid....." suggested.

LT-73
09-09-02, 08:37 PM
Ok HG. That Vid card is holding you back . Also once you overclock that T-bird, it's gonna get hot ! T-birds tend to run hotter than the xp chip.

cy
09-09-02, 08:49 PM
man! nice score for TB /w GF2 MX!!

I have ThunderBird 1Ghz running at 11.5 x 103Mhz FSB, 1185Mhz with 1.85VCore, temps seems perfectly fine, 32C Idle and 45C Loaded. So if you have a good HSF, you should up your VCore a little to gain more stability and push more juice out of it :)

HawaiianGhost
09-09-02, 08:56 PM
I know the vid card is a prob. But it's all I got for now. what about the settings do they look good?

As for heat I have the Chieftec Dragon Mid tower series with the following:

1x80mm front intake
1x80mm side panel (hits vid card and a little of the RAM)
1xPCI slot exhaust fan covering vid card (brought heat down majorly)
2x80mm Titan case exhaust fanz
HHC-001 @ 7200-7600rpm (look @ pic it reads 7900+rpm)
Enermax Dual FAN(80 & 90mm silent) EG365P-VD FM PSU

Alot cooler than it was in my older generic case w/a cheapa** Suntek 250w. So I think I am covered pretty good. B4 my case upgrade I was running alot hotter somewhere around 55*C+...

LT-73
09-09-02, 09:03 PM
It looks really good HG :nod:

Now all you gotta do is drop the multi's and raise fsb in increments of 5. You might have to add a notch of voltage to the cpu and ram to be able to get higher speeds. And remember to keep your eyes on those temps!

HawaiianGhost
09-09-02, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LT-73
It looks really good HG :nod:

Now all you gotta do is drop the multi's and raise fsb in increments of 5. You might have to add a notch of voltage to the cpu and ram to be able to get higher speeds. And remember to keep your eyes on those temps!

I have my eye on those temps 24/7. Will adding voltage (next setting is 1.80v will probly read 1.85v though), enable me to lower "Multi's". Because I tried that with current setting and it failed to boot. ASUS C.O.P. (CPU Overheat Protection) feature said, "System failed due to CPU Overclocking..." Supposed to prevent your CPU from Frying by stopping boot process. All I do is shut down and reset BIOS (just FSB, everything else stays as is). I couldn't even lower multi to 10.5x w/current settings.

HawaiianGhost
09-09-02, 09:27 PM
Well thanx, to those that replied and to those that will. I gotta go for now. Will try out suggestions from all those that responded and those to come...I love this place *tear in my eyes*

B Back Latah'z!!!