PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Fan below threshold??

macr
09-09-02, 12:12 AM
I just got a new system this weekend with an ASUS P4B533 motherboard and I installed the motherboard utility software that came with it. It keeps on saying that my chassis fan is below threshold...anyone know what the heck that means?

Thanks,
Terry

Faust
09-09-02, 12:19 AM
more than likely it is telling you the fan is spinning at less than desirable RPMs. i guess that, as that't the only data sent by a fan other than if it's on or off (or present or not).

there may be a setting to adjust what "threshold" is acceptable within the monitoring software. the fan may just normally spin at a rate that is less than what the software's threshodl alarm is set at.

just a guess, really (i don;t have that mobo). worth looking into.

The Dude
09-09-02, 07:21 AM
It's telling you that your chassis fan is spinning to slow. If you don't have a fan with a speed sensor or there is no fan connected to the connector it reads 0000 RPM. My case fan only has two wires, no sensor, so I set it to be ignored. It could also be a slow speed fan, you should be able to change the rpm level that gives the alarm. Just put in a value a couple of hundred rpm below the indicated speed of the fan.

aagiants
09-09-02, 02:41 PM
try cleaning the fans with compressed air and re-oil them