PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered this camera...

Dakota
09-08-02, 03:06 PM
WOOHOO!! Late birthday/Early Christmas present from my awesome wife!! Bad news is that it's anywhere from 60-120 days out. But that's okay, I have my film-based EOS that I still love.

See it here! (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/d60.html)

downhill
09-08-02, 07:19 PM
Oh you did get it then. Way cool camera. As I stated in that other thread, I'm considering it myself.

Do you already have an assortment of EOS lens?

Deus ex Machina
09-08-02, 08:01 PM
To put it in the simplest, possible terms..... WOW!!!
Enjoy, my friend.

david

Dakota
09-08-02, 08:58 PM
Thanks David...No Downhill, I did not get it yet. Those are links to a review site. I probably won't see this thing until Christmas.

Chris
09-08-02, 11:53 PM
We hate you, we hate you, we hate you!!!

Nah not really but awesome camera, should be Shweeeeeeet!!!

Makes my A-20 look like playschool:)

Dakota
09-09-02, 12:07 AM
LOL! Well, I do feel pretty lucky to be able to get this thing. I'd never be able to do it if it wasn't for my wife. I can't save money worth squat! I can hardly wait to get this thing, but in the meatime I still have my film camera and a kick-butt film scanner, so I can't complain that much I guess. ;)

nightowl
09-09-02, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Chris
We hate you, we hate you, we hate you!!!

Nah not really but awesome camera, should be Shweeeeeeet!!!

Makes my A-20 look like playschool:)

makes my s-30 look like a piece of crap.......

Dakota
09-10-02, 05:23 AM
And when Canon come out with the D90...or even the D120, then my D60 will look like a dog too. I have a FujiFilm digi-cam that I spent a fair chunk of change on that's obsolete, but it still takes the same photos today as when I bought it. It's still a decent cam.

You go out and get the latest, greatest whizbang toy and within a year or so they've doubled the capability. The Canon D30 was $3500 when it first came out. Now they have double the camera for half the price. Endless circle and our wallets are caught in the middle of it.

poptom
09-15-02, 12:41 AM
Congratulations!

That looks like a right proper camera.

Dakota
09-15-02, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by poptom
Congratulations!

That looks like a right proper camera.

Thanks. But, my camp will be much happier when I actually have this puppy in my hot hands... ;)

Banshee
09-15-02, 01:57 AM
*drool*

BMED
09-15-02, 02:05 AM
That's great news!

I hope you get the satisfaction that this beautiful piece of craftsmanship delivers...and then some!:nod:

Sweet purchase, Dakota!

BMED

Dakota
09-15-02, 02:13 AM
Thanks, BMED...I figured if I gotta wait 3-4 months to get this thing then I'll make an avatar with it and I can look at it every time I post! ;)

I'm already planning photo excursions for when I get it. This forum will become a 56K users night-freaking-mare when I get that bad boy! :D :D

Banshee: I'm drooling too. Can hardly wait and it's only been a week since I ordered it!!! :eek: