PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Stealth 3 PCI tweaking help

venem123
09-06-02, 12:36 AM
OK can you people tell me some tweaks I can put to this to max out my fps. Its already o/c with s3tweak to 150.3 since I dont have a fan to cool it. Anyone know any good registry tweaks other than the ones Ive found at rizens' site?

LT-73
09-06-02, 02:01 AM
i suggest getting a cooling fan to that card b4 you do anymore tweakin, otherwise can you smell the frying plastic?

venem123
09-06-02, 04:30 AM
Well thats the minimum you can o/c the card without extra cooling. It runs fine and I dont lockup. I keep the case off jst in case since it's hot as hell here. Yea, I want a cooling fan as well.

Faust
09-06-02, 05:07 AM
if it were me, i would not suggest trying to "tweak" your vidcard any more without trying to tweak the rest of your system first. your vidcard is but one item amongst a group of items that produce results. you can increade 3D/video performance by tweaking other parts of your system, such as memory speed and CPU cycles (system overclokcing).

other than specialized or updated drivers, overclocking the vidcard hardware or adding hardware (such as a fan/heatsink), and keeping current on versions of Direct X/D3D there's not a whole lot you can do to "tweak" or maximize your vidcard's performance.

i would leave the vidcard alone (unless you are willing to add some cooling. vidcards don't usually have the same kind of thermal protection and overall resilliance as CPUs and mainboards, and are prone to die wothout as much warning if pushed too far) and look for ways to increase other aspects of system performance.

venem123
09-07-02, 07:53 PM
well I made a post like that in another forum and all I got was 56k responces. I even said ANY tweaks that would come in handy that I may not have tried. Here is the post:
http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88651&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

venem123
09-08-02, 07:24 PM
:( wish more people had this card. Need performance tweaks :(