PDA

View Full Version : I just received my ABit IT7 Motherboard... need help

Deus ex Machina
09-05-02, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately, the system will not allow me to get past searching for new hardware. If I could have the mouse and or the keyboard working, I would load the necessary drivers or update as needed.

The keyboard works for the bios if it is plugged into one of the USB2.0 ports, but ceases to work after windows begins its boot up (I assume that Win ME does not like USB2.0) The mouse will not go at all. Neither will work off the standard USB header from the motherboard, even in bios start up. (Yes I checked to see if I plugged it in.) Disabling USB2.0 does not help either....

Thank you for helping...
david

§I€MFKR™
09-05-02, 11:34 PM
To start, use the top 4 ports for KB and Mouse, after the drivers are in and the updates from Abit are in should be alright. Are you using the RAID, if not disable in the bios, it cause my usb to turn off and on.:D

Norm
09-05-02, 11:34 PM
Got a spare serial mouse you could hookup temporarily?
Or a PS2, mouse or keyboard?

§I€MFKR™
09-05-02, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Norm
Got a spare serial mouse you could hookup temporarily?
Or a PS2, mouse or keyboard?

No Legacy at all on that board:D No ps/2 ports.

Norm
09-05-02, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Hybridmonolith
No Legacy at all on that board:D No ps/2 ports. Toss it in the garbage :D

J/k

I didn't know that, never went and looked at the specs on the board. I have had a few problems with USB mice and keyboards not working, and I've always used a spare PS2 or a serial to get the drivers loaded. Guess I'm going to have to find a new way around that problem. Maybe a spare PCI PS2 card.

Damn progress and the new technology. NOT

Thanks for the lesson Hybrid:)

Deus ex Machina
09-05-02, 11:47 PM
RAID disconnected. No help.

It seems that the system locks the USB during WinME boot up. I cannot get past the request for PCI standard ISA bridge....

Uggg... I need some sleep....

§I€MFKR™
09-05-02, 11:48 PM
Sad to say, but i really think Win ME don't like that board. Win ME don't like a whole lot.:D

Deus ex Machina
09-05-02, 11:49 PM
Sad to say, but i really think Win ME don't like that board. Win ME don't like a whole lot.:D

Very possible.... I hate having to purchase XP though.....

§I€MFKR™
09-05-02, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Deus ex Machina
Very possible.... I hate having to purchase XP though.....

Yeah, I hear ya, but that board can do some nice things, about 4 little settings and it rips, full potencial out the CPU and the Ram.:D :nod:

downhill
09-05-02, 11:53 PM
Would it make any difference if you could get it to boot into safe mode? Maybe you could get USB2 drivers loaded that way.

§I€MFKR™
09-05-02, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by downhill
Would it make any difference if you could get it to boot into safe mode? Maybe you could get USB2 drivers loaded that way.

Good Idea Downhill, Ever since i got XP i forgot all about safemode.:D

downhill
09-05-02, 11:58 PM
Yeah I know, I hardly ever have any problems with XP.

Annalysa
09-06-02, 12:02 AM
try disabling legacy keyboard support in bios. it may or may not work

LT-73
09-06-02, 12:03 AM
Yeah I know, I hardly ever have any problems with XP.

Same here. Only one problem when i first got my new mobo, it would'nt find the 2nd drive. I went into safe mode, uninstalled it, rebooted and bam, problem solved . Not one glitch since ! :D

I lub xp :nod:

Mehmet
09-06-02, 12:04 AM
one thing that ya might wanna consider david, i remember when installing 2k/xp the press f6 while setting up win2k made it load drivers for unknown devices.. is there something like that in win me?

AND one more thing, i know this might sound dumb, but there might be an option in the bios that says "onboard USB enabled/disabled" or something, had something similiar happen with a friends PC because it was disabled by default (:rolleyes: )

AND another thing, is your Cdrom connected to the raid controller?
if it is, put it on the ata33 channels and see what happens.

hope this helps.

Deus ex Machina
09-06-02, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I hear ya, but that board can do some nice things, about 4 little settings and it rips, full potencial out the CPU and the Ram.:D :nod:

I wil call on you for those settings when I get this up and running.

I feel kind of silly running ME on a few of my machine, but it does work for the most part. I am going to get XP for this new box, I am fairly sure that will do it.

Thank you guys for your assistance. This board is quite different from the Norm (:)).

monkeyhead
09-06-02, 08:42 AM
what are those 4 little settings

SLK
09-06-02, 09:11 AM
having more than 512 mb memory in ur system can cause problems for WIn ME because it wont allow to page the memory properly.

§I€MFKR™
09-06-02, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by michaelanthony
what are those 4 little settings

A few settings in Softmenu III :nod:

Deus ex Machina
09-06-02, 10:26 PM
A few settings in Softmenu III :nod:

I will have to see how far I can push the voltage. It had no problem going from 2.5 to 2.75G

I still have yet to get past the software.... I hope to soon.

david

§I€MFKR™
09-06-02, 10:35 PM
I will have to see how far I can push the voltage. It had no problem going from 2.5 to 2.75G

I still have yet to get past the software.... I hope to soon.

david

Yeah, as soon as you get that XP{ in} There is a chipset driver update at www.intel.com , A bios flash at www.abit-usa.com , and Download the intel application accelerator.:nod:

YARDofSTUF
09-06-02, 10:57 PM
award does very well with softmenu III and its options, but abit still keeps autodetect dimms on by default and i dont believe its a option u can change on teh IT7 right now, tho i may be wrong.

abit seems to allow that later on for each board, after its been out awhile

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 08:57 AM
It seems I have it working, with ME, go figure.
I will have to flash the BIOS, although it works with the 2.5G, it does not have the 25 multiplier in the selector.

shant,
david

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 10:17 AM
Hmmm... cannot d/l the new BIOS....

§I€MFKR™
09-07-02, 01:43 PM
Get the bios from the japanese site, thats where i had to get mine.:D

§I€MFKR™
09-07-02, 02:27 PM
Here is the abit site i got my bios from, The top one on the page, This download works. Da Link (http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/it7.htm) :D

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 02:28 PM
Get the bios from the japanese site, thats where i had to get mine.:D

Checked the TW and it was go... thank you again.
Still does not display 25X....
I am burning it in at 25X112 (2.8GHz) for now. I will bump up th voltage and see if I can get my 3.0!

I was advised on [H] to go with 1.65V. I guess to go any high I would need water, eh?

david

§I€MFKR™
09-07-02, 02:30 PM
Yeah, Intel says anything till 1.7 is cool.:nod:

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 02:35 PM
Yeah, Intel says anything till 1.7 is cool.:nod:

Did you have to go beyond the stock fan for your CPU cooling?

§I€MFKR™
09-07-02, 02:41 PM
Did you have to go beyond the stock fan for your CPU cooling?

Nope, I have 1 fan in the front, 2 fans in the back, CPU fan, Chipset Fan, and intake and exhaust on my PSU. Nothing special and all stock. Running at 34c all the time.:D Intel's stay very cool.

downhill
09-07-02, 02:50 PM
I'm curious, David, what did you do to finally get your mouse and keyboard to work?

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 10:44 PM
I'm curious, David, what did you do to finally get your mouse and keyboard to work?

Up and running, yes.

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 11:02 PM
OK.... I Just bumped the voltage up to 1.65 (1.675V is probably the maximum for aircool... thanks again HM).

This is just a start.... I will try to push it a bit more when I check the temp...

http://www.davidorlans.com/1.jpg

§I€MFKR™
09-07-02, 11:09 PM
OK.... I Just bumped the voltage up to 1.65 (1.675V is probably the maximum for aircool... thanks again HM).

This is just a start.... I will try to push it a bit more when I check the temp...

http://www.davidorlans.com/1.jpg

:eek: :eek: Thats nice.:nod: Thats almost what i've gotten out of my 2.8. That Mobo is stable as hell. Very Nice.:D

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 11:23 PM
Thank you HM....

Stilll, your 2.8 has a higher FSB. I would think you would be running faster.

Hey, should I have the CPU:DRAM at 3:4 or 1:1?

shant,
david

§I€MFKR™
09-07-02, 11:27 PM
Thank you HM....

Stilll, your 2.8 has a higher FSB. I would think you would be running faster.

Hey, should I have the CPU:DRAM at 3:4 or 1:1?

shant,
david

With the OC i would say 1:1 :D They was the first push on this 2.8, and i hit that, Gonna try some more after awhile. Just don't want to burn a 600.00 chip:( Your's looks like it's cumming pretty nice.:nod:

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 11:30 PM
With the OC i would say 1:1 :D They was the first push on this 2.8, and i hit that, Gonna try some more after awhile. Just don't want to burn a 600.00 chip:( Your's looks like it's cumming pretty nice.:nod:

It was a 240.00 chip....

The FSB is running at 120/480 I have the corsair ram at 3200. Does the 3:4 give me any advantages (it would seem so). Any mem tweaks you can think of....?

david

§I€MFKR™
09-07-02, 11:33 PM
It was a 240.00 chip....

The FSB is running at 120/480 I have the corsair ram at 3200. Does the 3:4 give me any advantages (it would seem so). Any mem tweaks you can think of....?

david

The 1:1 should open that Ram up better, run nice with the OC on the CPU. :D

Deus ex Machina
09-07-02, 11:57 PM
I set the PCI Bus Freq to 33MHz fixed.....
For now.

§I€MFKR™
09-08-02, 02:50 AM
I set the PCI Bus Freq to 33MHz fixed.....
For now.

Yeah, The highest i've gotton it has been 37mhz.