PDA

View Full Version : hardware error's

skyman
09-05-02, 10:34 AM
hardware device manager error's
new asus P4B533 E mobo,2.o cpu,OKing to 2.5,XP PRO.I am having two problem's that i believe are being caused by below error symbol's that will follow below.The first problem is,i can not get input from mic into system,have checked volume setting's and they are ok.The mic was working,but i had to reload XP after a move,found real problem after reload, to be video card was not seated right,duh!!!!Anyway's no mic input to system,i do get sound to headset/mic,just no voice!mic/headset has been tested,work's fine
Second problem is,when i turn my web cam on,it work's but will flicker randomly,same as above,was working,now not working,it's not the camera.
Now,when i go to hardware device manager,i have a yellow question mark next to other devices with two error marks below,first one say's,PCI simple communications controller,below that is,universal serial bus (usb) controller.
I believe these are causing my problem's!!!!Any help in how to fix those error's would be great!!!!!!

Thank's in advance for your help!!!!!

LT-73
09-05-02, 10:37 AM
Was it working b4 you started to OC ?

skyman
09-05-02, 10:43 AM
Hey Dino,yes it was working fine untill i moved to new house,and video card got loose,thought problem was in software,found problem after reload,which i really wanted to do anyway's.Have not had time to send hsfn,will do so asap.
Thank's

YeOldeStonecat
09-05-02, 10:46 AM
I would remove the errored devices, let them reload again with plug and play...will reload the drivers. If no drivers found, download the latest drivers for your sound card. XP should have proper ones built in for the USB controller.

LT-73
09-05-02, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
I would remove the errored devices, let them reload again with plug and play...will reload the drivers. If no drivers found, download the latest drivers for your sound card. XP should have proper ones built in for the USB controller.

Hiya Ken !
I agree . Also, first downclock the cpu to it's default speed, then do what YOSC just mentioned. It should kick right in. Let us know what happends.

No worries, send it when you have the time. i know moving into a new home is alot of work. Glad to see you back online!

skyman
09-05-02, 10:59 AM
funny thing is,the camera came with software,so i removed quickcam software from system,and did do above suggestion's,but when system was restarted,with camera unpluged,it came up and said,new hardware found logitech quickcam and send's me to add hardware wizard!!!Question,would the usb controller driver be on XP disk or ASUS disk?Have tried to find on both,no luck

skyman
09-05-02, 11:02 AM
Sorry,did'nt see your answer to where controller would be,yeoldstonecat.

LT-73
09-05-02, 11:03 AM
Ok after the un-install of the program,did you go into device manager and uninstall the cam too?

skyman
09-05-02, 11:08 AM
yes i did,it will come back evertime,even with no camera software or camera connected.Would a new reload be advised at this time,with all camera's,joystick's printer's and scanner's connected?I have no problem's doing that, as i have nothing i can't reload from d: drive and have been consumed by these problem's!!!!!!!Thank's

LT-73
09-05-02, 11:20 AM
Ok, try this : go into safe mode and remove evrything, hardware and drivers then unplug evrything (scanner, cam, joystick), then reboot and reload it all back. Hope this helps. Also if you have the xp disk, re-install it and go to the repair option on the disk and run it. If this doesn't work, you'll have to do the last resort and format. Back up your important files first.

You might want to switch your pci cards around, but don't put any cards in the last slot. It shares the IRQ with the video card.

I gotta run, client called needing help.

Good Luck

skyman
09-05-02, 11:36 AM
Thank's guy's,will try above,did not know about last slot,i have nothing in that slot,thank's LT

YeOldeStonecat
09-05-02, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by LT-73
You might want to switch your pci cards around, but don't put any cards in the last slot. It shares the IRQ with the video card.

Top slot...top slot, not last slot. Last slots are down low on the IRQ range, with COM ports, and that CNR slot.

LT-73
09-05-02, 01:18 PM
i put my pci cards in slots :2-3-4. I leave 1 and 5 empty. The agp slot speaks for itself.

skyman
09-10-02, 06:33 PM
did new istall from fresh xp pro disk,all is well!!!!!Thank's for all the help!!!!