PDA

View Full Version : how to flash the bios in win2k?????????

mccoffee
09-05-02, 01:53 AM
I think i know how to do it but i want to make sure make nt book disk load the new bios and the flash program on it. The rest is histroy correct. ??????????????

64bit
09-05-02, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by mccoffee
I think i know how to do it but i want to make sure make nt book disk load the new bios and the flash program on it. The rest is histroy correct. ??????????????

No, you still use a DOS start-up disk no matter what OS is on the HDD.

The Dude
09-05-02, 10:09 AM
First thing you should do is make a dos recovery disk with the BIOS your using now. If you run into problems you can use it to go back to what you now works. I flashed my 2k ntfs system using a win 98 boot disk that created a ram drive. I copied the flash file and the BIOS file to the ram drive and flashed from there. I took the floppy out and let it flash and reboot back into 2k. Slice of pie.

mccoffee
09-05-02, 03:56 PM
actully where do i get a copy of award flashing program ?
yeah i was tempted to do ti with 9x boot that's how i used to it.

Thanx for all that replied keep that answers coming

mccoffee
09-05-02, 03:56 PM
actully where do i get a copy of award flashing program ?
yeah i was tempted to do ti with 9x boot that's how i used to it.

Thanx for all that replied keep that answers coming Its been a while since did this. I only do when i have to. :D

Joe
09-05-02, 05:13 PM
Just use a win 9x boot disk.. All you need is DOS... Execute the update and it should walk you through.. I would go the Mother Board manufact. website and get the update they probably have a detailed install guide as well.

mccoffee
09-06-02, 12:36 AM
thanx again sorry to post twice i'm on crack