PDA

View Full Version : Enhance a newspaper picture ??

joe2cool
08-24-02, 02:45 AM
Hi ! just wondered if anyone could recommend the best way to try & enhance a newspaper picture of a wedding, the picture isn't very clear, infact very dark.

Also its a scanned document so a bitmap image, so rather large.

Any help is appreciated

THX

:cool:

Chris
08-24-02, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by joe2cool
Hi ! just wondered if anyone could recommend the best way to try & enhance a newspaper picture of a wedding, the picture isn't very clear, infact very dark.

Also its a scanned document so a bitmap image, so rather large.

Any help is appreciated

THX

Call the Newspaper in question, they may sell you a print or the negative. Just dont wait to long after it was in the paper or they may have destroyed it or burried it away in the vaults of time.

joe2cool
08-25-02, 02:28 AM
Hi appreciate your comments, the newspaper picture in ?? is from the 60's & I got it from a library archive.

Guess I'll just try PSP or something like that, just wondered if anything specific could be used for such pictures as from newspapers?

Thx Again !! ;)

Banshee
08-25-02, 02:35 AM
Do you have Photoshop?

if not, i can try and fix it up for ya

how big is the file?

joe2cool
08-25-02, 02:42 AM
Hi ! Banshee, so kind to mention I do have P2P, but not really used it but I'LL TRY. ;)

The file 153 kb. guess I just need to play bout with P2P, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. :)

With P2P LARGE bitmap images can be made smaller??

Enjoy the rest of your w/e:)

ghost
08-25-02, 09:40 PM
Why not post it here? Perhaps we can help. :)

joe2cool
08-26-02, 01:56 AM
Hi 'am a newbie so forgive me but, couldn't see the browse button of the post at the bottom of the composition page??

Banshee
08-26-02, 02:12 AM
upload here: http://www.joako.com/upload/

joe2cool
08-26-02, 02:15 AM
Cheers banshee, but should I have a browse button for attachments at bottom of post?

Banshee
08-26-02, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by joe2cool
Cheers banshee, but should I have a browse button for attachments at bottom of post?

nope, file attachments are disabled here

ghost
08-26-02, 08:13 PM
The browse button would only apply if the SpeedGuide server actually hosted the picture to be posted, but they don't do that here, so you have to use the IMG tag and post the URL to the pic's location offsite.

Chris
08-26-02, 10:21 PM
You might try scanning it with a piece of black paper behind it so the light does not pick up too much from the other side of the newsprint, Try scanning at different resolutions to high might really enhace the poor quality of the newsprint, post here and us chop geeks may clean it up for you

ghost
08-27-02, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Chris
You might try scanning it with a piece of black paper behind it so the light does not pick up too much from the other side of the newsprint, Try scanning at different resolutions to high might really enhace the poor quality of the newsprint, post here and us chop geeks may clean it up for you

That's excellent advice, Chris, and I find it amazing that so many people out there with scanners have no idea to do exactly that. It makes a HUGE difference.