PDA

View Full Version : new case?



LuiKhang
05-29-02, 07:03 AM
I was looking at this case...
---------------------------------
MAXTOP CSX-147K2F-GF-USB-GRAY **Cool Case** With 2 Additional Ball Bearing Fans : 1 x on the Top Panel and 1 x on the Side Panel ** Intel P4/AMD Ready No Power Supply 2xFans 6-bay Front USB Connector Mid Tower PC CASE - RETAIL Fan: Ball Bearing

pictures...
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-150-017-01.JPG/11-150-017-02.JPG/11-150-017-03.JPG/11-150-017-04.JPG/11-150-017-05.JPG/11-150-017-06.JPG/11-150-017-07.JPG/11-150-017-08.JPG
----------------------------------

Ok, it has a total of 5 80mm fan holes (2 back, 1 top, 1 side, 1 front)...i was thinking if it would be good to take the top and side fan (since they probably arent top quality) and put themboth in the back as exhaust, then buy another of 2 antec fans i already have and place them in top, side, and front....

how does that sound?Im aiming for a case i will never have to mod again for a couple of years

Easto
05-29-02, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by LuiKhang
Im aiming for a case i will never have to mod again for a couple of years

No such thing ;)

LT-73
05-29-02, 12:19 PM
Hey luikhang i've got the same case and it's great
Plenty of cooling .

As far as "no more modding" is concerned that's really up to you.
I had that same thought to get a case i don't have to mod for sometime but after a while i started again. One can never say
"i don't need to mod this case for a while" because someway, somehow, someday you WILL start to modify it.

Easto put it straight " it'll never happen"

Once you start to mod, you can't stop it ;)

Btw, i think its a great idea to put top quality fans in the case and save the factory ones for an emergency. You can never have enuff fans :D

______________________________________
The Thunder Continues......................
No Limit Folding

LuiKhang
05-29-02, 02:06 PM
I miss quoted, hows this...:)

"I want a case that will cool like no other for my next 2 processors(already got the maytag case link, but nice thought!)"

LT-73
05-29-02, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LuiKhang
I miss quoted, hows this...:)

"I want a case that will cool like no other for my next 2 processors(already got the maytag case link, but nice thought!)"


hmmmmmmmm ok

Take a look here maybe you might find what you're looking for
http://www.coolerguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=001&Category_Code=CS-Wind
http://www.coolerstar.com/iceboxatxcase.html
http://www.coolmaxusa.com/noname1.html

__________________________________________
The Thunder Continues......................
No Limit Folding

tHE_0ne
05-29-02, 05:17 PM
http://www.directron.com/da10bd.html

$59.00

LuiKhang
05-29-02, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by LT-73



hmmmmmmmm ok

Take a look here maybe you might find what you're looking for
http://www.coolerguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=001&Category_Code=CS-Wind
http://www.coolerstar.com/iceboxatxcase.html
http://www.coolmaxusa.com/noname1.html

__________________________________________
The Thunder Continues......................
No Limit Folding


Saw some cases i liked, but i still think im gonna stick with the maxtop...any of those specifically you would recommend?

LuiKhang
05-29-02, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by tHE_0ne
http://www.directron.com/da10bd.html

$59.00

Everyone has that case dont they? :)

I will seriously consider that one, but do they have a midtower version? :D

tHE_0ne
05-29-02, 06:44 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/ocsystem/en10baytowca.html

cheaper one here and its Enermax ($54)

A full tower is better for airflow, unless U need space get a Midtower (I got a Mid-tower i dont like it that much)

LT-73
05-29-02, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by LuiKhang



Saw some cases i liked, but i still think im gonna stick with the maxtop...any of those specifically you would recommend?

Ok here's da deal:
I remember reading one of your threads about a mobo, so if you're like me " a cheap ba$tard" and u want the best cooling for least amount of money, stay with the maxtor and just upgrade the fans to 92mm's. switch the 80mm's on the side and top for 92mm's then put high cfm 80mm's in the bottom front,and 2 in the rear.. that should give you the best cooling for your buck. Oh btw, make sure your new cpu has a good hsf.
The maxtop is a great case not too shabby in price and all u do is spend another say 40-50 $ and you have you'r own wind tunnel case for less than 100 $.Make sure u add a 350 to 400w psu if u gonna go that route. Remember, those 92's plus the high cfm 80's will draw from the psu. Not counting your new cpu which will be suckin some serious juice if you want it to run at it's max.

Now which box i would recommend in the sites? I'd go for the white wind tunnel with the window but the fans there make it look ugly. Thats pretty much it.

Hope this helped ya out some :D
_________________________________________
The Thunder Continues...................
No Limit Folding

LuiKhang
05-30-02, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by LT-73


Ok here's da deal:
I remember reading one of your threads about a mobo, so if you're like me " a cheap ba$tard" and u want the best cooling for least amount of money, stay with the maxtor and just upgrade the fans to 92mm's. switch the 80mm's on the side and top for 92mm's then put high cfm 80mm's in the bottom front,and 2 in the rear.. that should give you the best cooling for your buck. Oh btw, make sure your new cpu has a good hsf.
The maxtop is a great case not too shabby in price and all u do is spend another say 40-50 $ and you have you'r own wind tunnel case for less than 100 $.Make sure u add a 350 to 400w psu if u gonna go that route. Remember, those 92's plus the high cfm 80's will draw from the psu. Not counting your new cpu which will be suckin some serious juice if you want it to run at it's max.

Now which box i would recommend in the sites? I'd go for the white wind tunnel with the window but the fans there make it look ugly. Thats pretty much it.

Hope this helped ya out some :D
_________________________________________
The Thunder Continues...................
No Limit Folding


Ok, decided on the maxtop and have also decided on the thermaltakevolcano 7+ and the Asus 333 mobo...

Ill take the 2 fans that come with it and make them exhaust fans in the back 2 panels

Heres my question, ill buy a 92 mm fan and use my 2 antec fans for the rest, ill put one antec blowing in the front and what should i do with the other antec and the 92mm as far as side and top and blow or exhaust?

LT-73
05-30-02, 12:49 PM
You can add that other 92 to the top suckin the hot air out or put it in the side forcing cool air in. First off tho see how that volcano7+ performs with the fans you've already got. If you think you need alittle more umph in the cooling then slap that other 92 in it. You always wanna have good steady airflow in da box.

Good Luck on your new project. :D

_________________________________
The Thunder Continues...........................
No Limit Folding

LuiKhang
05-30-02, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by LT-73
You can add that other 92 to the top suckin the hot air out or put it in the side forcing cool air in. First off tho see how that volcano7+ performs with the fans you've already got. If you think you need alittle more umph in the cooling then slap that other 92 in it. You always wanna have good steady airflow in da box.

Good Luck on your new project. :D

_________________________________
The Thunder Continues...........................
No Limit Folding

Many thanks to all:D

LuiKhang
05-30-02, 02:09 PM
Its a nice case man...

http://img2.ranchoweb.com/images/luikhang/mycasetobe.jpg
http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/luikhang/mycasetobe2.jpg

LT-73
05-30-02, 04:03 PM
Sure is ! :nod:





______________________________
The Thunder Continues...........................
No Limit Folding