PDA

View Full Version : Is this good ram?

Mutch
05-13-02, 11:14 PM
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/051202/ddrram.JPG

Canadian

HongKongPolice
05-13-02, 11:19 PM
No, and its a rip for $130.. DO NOT buy ANY comp parts from Futureshop unless they offer lots of rebates on it, or else its probably a rip

Heres some good stores in toronto you can compare prices with:
www.infonec.com
www.canadacomputers.com
www.pcccanada.com
www.macrotechpc.com

Pickup some monthly local comp papers, something like www.tcp.ca they should distrubute copies in your area, and its free

Mutch
05-13-02, 11:34 PM
Bah. Im so damn confused as to what motherboard does what. What type of ram is good blah blah blah...

Can someone like Brent type up some long, easy thing about

what motherboard I should get, what ram I should get.

And how I know this is all going to work together...

I have a good friend who builds computers so thats not the problem.

downhill
05-14-02, 05:59 AM
I posted a link about a deal on ram a couple of days ago.

I don't know if it's still there but the regular price still beats that one and the ram quality at Crucil is great.

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77394

kieofwoo
05-14-02, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Mutch

I have a good friend who builds computers so thats not the problem.

Why don't you ask your good friend? There's nothing like actually talking to someone :eek:

YeOldeStonecat
05-14-02, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by kieofwoo

Why don't you ask your good friend? There's nothing like actually talking to someone :eek:

Cuz sometimes they work at some backwards mom 'n pop shop that uses Kingston or PNY or some other walmart grade memory.

Stick with crucial, mushkin, viking, I've heard good about Kingmax. Personally, Crucial (which includes/owns Micron) is pretty much the biggest memory maker out there, great "buy direct" prices through their easy to use website...good stuff.

kieofwoo
05-14-02, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat

Cuz sometimes they work at some backwards mom 'n pop shop that uses Kingston or PNY or some other walmart grade memory.

Good point you battered feline! ;)

YeOldeStonecat
05-14-02, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by kieofwoo

battered feline! ;)

LOL !

Nickname came from an old Quake 1 clan, Melankee's, named after the classic cult flick "A Clockwork Orange". Everyone's nick started with "YeOlde"...and "Stonecat" was a carryover from my college days of being one stoned cat!