PDA

View Full Version : Tired of waiting on Tbred..

A_old
05-11-02, 01:30 PM
should i hold out? or get an AXP 2000+ now?? thanks for ur opinions. Along with it I'd get an 8045 w/ 68CFM delta, another crystal orb for my nbridge..and some artic silver epoxy..

Amro :D

BaLa
05-11-02, 02:26 PM
I'd wait since your proc is still pretty good....

you didn't put if you had an AXP or just a reg. TBird, either way I'd still wait; unless you REALLLY need the speed NOW

Juggernaut
05-11-02, 03:40 PM
I'd say wait as well....why would you really need that bit more of speed right now? It wouldn't be worth it. I have a T-Bird 1.2 right now and I'm planning on keeping it till probably next year...there's no real reason to get something much better right now.

A_old
05-13-02, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Juggernaut
I'd say wait as well....why would you really need that bit more of speed right now? It wouldn't be worth it. I have a T-Bird 1.2 right now and I'm planning on keeping it till probably next year...there's no real reason to get something much better right now.

i dunno i guess i just sort of want it.. lol.. i want the extra 'boost' even if there's no use to it

terrancelam
05-13-02, 12:51 AM
you have what the more experienced people like to call "The Virgin Syndrom", happens to the best of us and some of us are still hooked on it!

Can't stop buying that new hardware, I know I can't, but some things are just better left alone, for example your CPU. Unless you really need the extra 400mhz, it won't make a difference. DDR ram and a new video card might and will pack more of a effective punch! :D

A_old
05-13-02, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by terrancelam
you have what the more experienced people like to call "The Virgin Syndrom", happens to the best of us and some of us are still hooked on it!

Can't stop buying that new hardware, I know I can't, but some things are just better left alone, for example your CPU. Unless you really need the extra 400mhz, it won't make a difference. DDR ram and a new video card might and will pack more of a effective punch! :D

both of which i have ty.. hehe.. just bought a new mobo and ddr..lovin my mobo and kingmax.. they = teh awesome.. i just want a tbred...so i can run it qat 1.9-2GHz and have a pentium whomper ;) plus it's funny how in every post you liken yourself to the 'more experienced people' and the poster to the 'less experienced people' hehe.. just is funny..not saying you don't know your stuff..shrug...just that others do too.

terrancelam
05-13-02, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by terrancelam

Well I guess you see what you see. I'm just telling you what I see, I never said that I don't still crave for new hardware, I just try to resist it more. Resist the power of the dark side. :D

HongKongPolice
05-13-02, 09:52 AM
I'd wait for the barton, or if you can't, get a 1700+ or so for real cheap, just look for a good stepping and OC it to around 2Ghz. But then you'll have a tbird lying around collecting dust, so I dunno

tbred should be out by june, but I doubt it'll be as overclockable as every1 thinks cuz its the 1st .13 micron CPUs AMD will make so quality won't be as good as ppl think. Which is why AMD had to bump the voltage up to 1.6v when most other .13 micron CPUs only need 1.5v or less