PDA

View Full Version : audio problem

soup
05-09-02, 11:08 PM
hey guys i have a soyo dragon plus motherboard with on-board sound on it and for some reason i cant record my own wave output...i have tried enabling the wave and even stereo mix recording outputs on the soundcard's mixer but i still get no signal in any of my recording programs...any ideas on what i can do to try to remedy this situation? thanks! here's my setup :

sy-k7v soyo dragon plus motherboard
256 mb ddr ram
radeon 7500
windows xp pro

-soup

A_old
05-09-02, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by soup
hey guys i have a soyo dragon plus motherboard with on-board sound on it and for some reason i cant record my own wave output...i have tried enabling the wave and even stereo mix recording outputs on the soundcard's mixer but i still get no signal in any of my recording programs...any ideas on what i can do to try to remedy this situation? thanks! here's my setup :

sy-k7v soyo dragon plus motherboard
256 mb ddr ram
radeon 7500
windows xp pro

-soup

what do u mean record wave? meaning run a mini to mini from the speaker to the line in or mic on the sound card? WHY? well this'll help .. make sure your mic is NOT muted in playback settings in the volume control panel in sounds in the control panel in windows.. BAH that was confusin..

just make sure the mic isn't muted in playback in the volume control.

soup
05-10-02, 12:02 AM
what i mean by record wave is usually i can play somthing in winamp and record the stereo mix (which would be the mp3 playing in winamp) from the soundcard into a program such as soundforge. i know my on-board sound is full duplex and i do have the mic input enabled in playback on my mixer. thanks for your help. i dunno what im gonna do.....

-soup

Brk
05-10-02, 02:04 PM
Why not just select Wave Out in Winamp and then load the .wav into Sound Forge?

soup
05-10-02, 03:38 PM
sorry guys maybe im not being clear enough...well the reason i do this is cuz i have a lot of audio equipment running into a mixer which runs into the line in on the soundcard and i have a need to be able to record the STEREO MIX (which would be whatever i have playing in winamp as well as whatever sound i have coming into my line input) an example would be using shoutcast to broadcast an internet radio stream. i broadcast audio files from my computer as well broadcast audio from other equipment such as a record player/or a phrase sampler (which would have my station ID). all the while this broadcast is going on i have soundforge recording the STEREO MIX(everything making sound on my computer) so i can save as an archive later. i have done this before on multiple computers but i just built this new one with the Soyo Dragon Plus Mobo and a AMD xp 1800 and this is the first time i have never been able to record the wave output of my soundcard in a recording program. thanks again.