PDA

View Full Version : Good Router

aagiants
05-08-02, 08:29 PM
Ok guys, what is a good Router with a switch...

YARDofSTUF
05-08-02, 08:39 PM
nexland isb soho, fastest switch in a home end router, i love it

64bit
05-08-02, 08:45 PM
I agree with exit but if I was gonna go out and buy a new router which I just might this summer Im gonna go this way http://www.nexland.com/products/product.cfm?id=3

aagiants
05-08-02, 08:47 PM
Can u guys give me specific Router with switch models.. Im going cheap and getting it used... trying to find a decent model, no wireless, just need it to have a switch built in...

aagiants
05-08-02, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by exit1mile

ya! the linky BEFSR41 router with builtin 4 port switch.

okyeah lol that was what i found too.. now to find coupons...

HongKongPolice
05-08-02, 09:52 PM
Linksys = 486 of routers
Nexland / Netopia = 2Ghz AXP of routers

You chose

aagiants
05-08-02, 10:03 PM
what a good nexland model then, that is around 100$...

aagiants
05-08-02, 10:05 PM
wow way to much forget that lol

RoundEye
05-08-02, 10:26 PM
Look into a Netgear RP114. It's a good router for your price range.

Sid
05-08-02, 11:27 PM
Netgear 314rt. Awesome router, very stable. I think I've reset it twice in a 1 1/2 years.

YeOldeStonecat
05-09-02, 07:40 AM
Having installed just about every router out there, can vouch for the Nexland ISB SOHO...it's what I currently use at home. It's a bit more $...but very fast...quite stable, easy admin features. Have the Symantec 200R version at the office, which is a Nexland Pro Turbo under the skin...it FLIES! (but it's 650 bucks!)

Netgear routers, of the home router series, are the most stable ones...quite fast, so-so admin featurese.

Linksys routers are average performance, average stability, very easy to use and manage. OK for home use, not recommended for larger office LANs, or for hosting servers behind. I've installed and support probably over a hundred of them, starting with some of the first hundred to roll off the assembly line. While early versions had firmware maturity problems, they've ironed out those issues a few years ago. You see so many "so called problems and issues" with them, not because they don't work, but because they simply DOMINATE the market, with every home networking newbie trying to set them up....newbie = dunno what to do == all the questions and so called problems you see. 95% of the routers out there at forum users homes are Linksys ones...hence all the question on these forums.

Upper end routers, I've had a Netopia R series at my house....fastest of all, and most stable of all, but very expensive, and pretty much need Cisco class to learn how to use it (not meant for the home user).

Just about all routers now have built in 10/100 switches.

Besides Netgear and Linksys, and the Nexland ISB SOHO, I really don't like any other brand.