PDA

View Full Version : May 14th, Keep your Eyes Open ;)

Brent
05-07-02, 12:12 PM
http://www.matrox.com/mga/home.htm

wip3out
05-07-02, 12:36 PM
BRENT!!!!!!!!!!! I have tonight to cancel my order of a Leadtek Ti4400!! What do I do??

I've already sold my GF2 Ultra and have to ship it by friday but I can use my TNT2 for a few weeks OMG why do you do this to me!!!!!! :eek:

I know you don't like these kind of questions but THis is a lot of money and I'm about to explode.

http://www.egri.co.uk/smileys/exploding.gif

YARDofSTUF
05-07-02, 01:03 PM
i dunno i'd wait and see how it hits

Ghosthunter
05-07-02, 03:04 PM
Yep I just go an email that looked just like this from newsletter@matrox.com:

Subject: Psst...it's almost here...

Who: Matrox Graphics

What: The biggest launch since the “Millennium”

Where: http://www.matrox.com/mga/

When: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 9:00:00 AM EST

Why: It’s what you’ve been waiting for

Tell your friends.

wip3out
05-07-02, 03:48 PM
ARRRRRRRGHHHHHH got 2 more hours and then I have to cancel order or a Leadtek Ti4400 will arive at my house on Friday. :eek:

Need help and I think Brent is the only one who can save me from potential disaster!!

Noevo
05-07-02, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by wip3out
ARRRRRRRGHHHHHH got 2 more hours and then I have to cancel order or a Leadtek Ti4400 will arive at my house on Friday. :eek:

Need help and I think Brent is the only one who can save me from potential disaster!!
nah, no disaster. cancel the order until you are sure of what you want. simple as that. if it's the Ti4400 then you can just reorder it. no harm done.

Brent
05-07-02, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Noevo

nah, no disaster. cancel the order until you are sure of what you want. simple as that. if it's the Ti4400 then you can just reorder it. no harm done.

agreed

wip3out
05-07-02, 04:25 PM
LOL not quite what I wanted to hear. :D I really want a Ti4400 right now, even if the Matrox is announced on the 14th it'll be another month before I can buy it at least. I have clan matches and important games that the TNT2 just won't be able to cope with :(

Also anyone think I should stop drinking so much alcohol those first two posts were a little OTT. :rolleyes:

Mutch
05-07-02, 05:59 PM
Im not very wise in computers but I was looking at Matrox video cards and they were only 32mb ddr?

Can someone ie:Brent please explain to me what a matrox does, and how good it is??

Thanks.

P.S Im gunna start posting here more. Lots of computer wizards here..

wip3out
05-07-02, 06:04 PM
Brent is referring to Matrox's latest offering in the video card market code name piranah, which will be announced on the 14th of May.

Supposidly it's a revolutionary card and I have even heard that it can produce upto 18,000 3D Marks on the top model, with a price tag to match.

Of course this is all speculation and only time will tell.....

YARDofSTUF
05-07-02, 06:05 PM
matrox holds a nice place in the dual display/graphics world, now they could easily turn and face the gaming market with this card, but as u noticed it only has 32 megs onboard ram, not too good IMP, but matrox should know what they need to do, so i dont expect it to be a bad card.

wip3out
05-07-02, 06:58 PM
Too late now I didn't cancel the order and it'll be on it's way I think I'll be very happy with it and I'm gonna do my best to reach the 13,000 3D MarkSE score that I've been looking forward to (major tweaking/cooling expected :D).

I doubt the Matrox will be as amazing as everyone says and if it is I'm sure I can live without it I just hope I get a really good quality Ti4400 cos as you will probably know the GF4's overclockability varies wildly on each card. One reveiw boats 320/600 speeds and then the next 334/688 speeds etc.

Just have to keep my fingers crossed that I get a really good overclocker or they stick a Ti4600 in the post by mistake (The boxes are almost identical :D)

And sorry for shouting at you Brent :o
http://www.tbreak.com/hard/grfx/leadtek_4400/box_product.jpg

Faust
05-07-02, 07:15 PM
yeah, i got the same In-the-Loop newsletter. it sure would be nice to see Matrox come out with something that's lets say....... at least competitive?

their 2D performance and video quality have been the best for some time, but when it comes to 3D/gaming performance they were essentially the red-headed stepchild (and were beaten as such).

this should be interesting..........

YARDofSTUF
05-07-02, 07:28 PM
http://www.thecaboose.net/yardofstuf/DSC00085.JPG

thats all ya need :)

YeOldeStonecat
05-08-02, 06:47 AM
Nice card Wipeout....if I were to snag a card this summer, that would be my pick....love that oversized mongo HSF setup. I heard it's a bit loud....let us know how it sounds....just kinda loud...or really obtrusive like the Dragon Orb 3 or something like that.

Anyways, you'll be glad you got it, as promising on paper as the Matrox card is, don't forget, that's on paper. Real world performance, compatibility and performance with the games you play...that's what counts, and that's what nVidia has. Matrox, good as they were...trying to get back in the gaming market...time will tell. I've got a couple of them, G200, 400, G450 Dual Head....nice 2D, stink in games though. I use them for servers.

Brent
05-08-02, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by wip3out
LOL not quite what I wanted to hear. :D I really want a Ti4400 right now, even if the Matrox is announced on the 14th it'll be another month before I can buy it at least. I have clan matches and important games that the TNT2 just won't be able to cope with :(

Also anyone think I should stop drinking so much alcohol those first two posts were a little OTT. :rolleyes:

well, if you really want a Ti 4400 right now then get it

i don't see what the problem is? you made yourself clear, if you want it you want it, if you don't you don't, apparenlty you do, so go for it

Brent
05-08-02, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Mutch
Im not very wise in computers but I was looking at Matrox video cards and they were only 32mb ddr?

Can someone ie:Brent please explain to me what a matrox does, and how good it is??

Thanks.

P.S Im gunna start posting here more. Lots of computer wizards here..

up to this point Matrox is not known for a gaming card

back in the day they had a good one, the Matrox G400 Max

but it is highly surpassed in gaming speed by current cards

what they ARE known for is their increadible 2D image quality, 2D GUI speed, Dual Head capability, always have been, always will be, image quality is quite vibrant

HongKongPolice
05-08-02, 12:15 PM
Umm, I'm sure that most GF4 cards have the same kinda overclockability..... For the core, the max you can get is around 330, as for the ram, around 650 for the 4400 and 730 for the 4600, ramsinks will help a bit, but not much

You know why? Cuz nVidia put restrictions on which parts are to be used... Ever since ppl got pissed off at the image quality of GF3 cards, so thats why ALL GF4s use Samsung BGA chips, and there aren't many variations on the PCB design cept for Gainward's, but that is just a minor change.

wip3out
05-08-02, 12:52 PM
Well my question really was if you knew if the Matrox was going to blow away the ti4400/4600 and bring a whole new revolution into the gaming world :D

But if this were the case I'm sure you would have told me by now so thanks for help, i feel a bit of an idiot :(

320MHz Core and 690MHz Memory here --> T-Break (http://www.tbreak.com/hard/grfx/leadtek_4400/page2.html)

334Hhz Core and 688Hhz Memory here -->serialaddiction (http://www.serialaddiction.net/reviews/leadtek_a250td/index5.shtml)

Only a 14Mhz difference but even so quite influentcial as core speeds go.

Brent
05-08-02, 01:31 PM
i don't know the specs of the Matrox card, nor what kind of performance it will have

i will find out when i test it, until then, i dont know

wip3out
05-08-02, 01:43 PM
Thanks a lot. :)